This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Flight Change Grrrr

Post Thanks / Like

Flight Change Grrrr

I received an email a few weeks ago that I was moved to a different flight and seat changed from Jet Blue Mint to a regular seat on the return leg of the flight. They gave me the choice to accept, cancel or change to a different flight. The flight I was originally schedule on was going a Mint plane and so they changed to a regular plane. However, they did not list where I was going to be seated and seat map showed the plan almost full except a few exit seats. I went ahead and changed to a later flight offering Mint and received an $85 refund credit.

Today I received a similar email on the departing flight to Aruba. They canceled the Mint and so changed my seat, flight almost full, have no idea where I was seating. The wait time when I called was 25 minutes. I hung up and decided to cancel both leg of flights as I had separate record locators and it was not reflecting the first change I made to mint. I rebooked again the going and return flight, both flights are later departure and MINT. I don't want to sit next to anyone during Pandemic. Otherwise Id choose extra leg room and call it a day but the flights they moved me to did not give me any options to chose a seat.

Hopefully they won't move me to another flight. In that case I may just fly out of Newark or not go.

They said the change was due to COVID. I guess they had too many flights which were not full and so they squeezed everyone into one plane. Lets hope I can go..
    Last edited by ArubaAce; 03-29-2021 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Sentence Corrections
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry that there are difficulties.
    good luck and keep us posted
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Our direct flight was cancelled and now we have to go through Charlotte. The flight is pretty full. I moved our seats across from each other but next to people to a row without anyone. One on the aisle and one by the window hoping no one will take the middle. Fingers crossed.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the opposite happen. We had a Jet Blue 7:33 am flight out of Boston that they changed to 7:03 am and our 3:55 flight home is now a 4:55 flight. A bit more time in Aruba! Now we just have to get those Covid numbers down a bit so I can relax. Shot #2 for the boyfriend tomorrow and mine is Sunday. Please, please, please people - do the right thing. We need this trip so badly!!!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that stinks. What airline?

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Our direct flight was cancelled and now we have to go through Charlotte. The flight is pretty full. I moved our seats across from each other but next to people to a row without anyone. One on the aisle and one by the window hoping no one will take the middle. Fingers crossed.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I received an email a few weeks ago that I was moved to a different flight and seat changed from Jet Blue Mint to a regular seat on the return leg of the flight. They gave me the choice to accept, cancel or change to a different flight. The flight I was originally schedule on was going a Mint plane and so they changed to a regular plane. However, they did not list where I was going to be seated and seat map showed the plan almost full except a few exit seats. I went ahead and changed to a later flight offering Mint and received an $85 refund credit.

Today I received a similar email on the departing flight to Aruba. They canceled the Mint and so changed my seat, flight almost full, have no idea where I was seating. The wait time when I called was 25 minutes. I hung up and decided to cancel both leg of flights as I had separate record locators and it was not reflecting the first change I made to mint. I rebooked again the going and return flight, both flights are later departure and MINT. I don't want to sit next to anyone during Pandemic. Otherwise Id choose extra leg room and call it a day but the flights they moved me to did not give me any options to chose a seat.

Hopefully they won't move me to another flight. In that case I may just fly out of Newark or not go.

They said the change was due to COVID. I guess they had too many flights which were not full and so they squeezed everyone into one plane. Lets hope I can go..
    The easy catchall is it's due to COVID. BS... Delta is still blocking middle seats in economy and Comfort+. I flew first class to Portland, Maine yesterday and in first the seat next to me was blocked also. The only dig is you'll probably have to connect in Atlanta.

0 0