This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Flight Delayed 3 Days

  1. #1
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    5,978
    Post Thanks / Like

    Flight Delayed 3 Days


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    409
    Post Thanks / Like
    We had a similar experience with Delta in July. Flight was repeatedly delayed then canceled. Spent a night in Aruba and the flight Delta booked us on was again delayed twice. That’s when we took matters into our own hands and booked a flight home on United. Good thing we did. The Delta flight was delayed yet again and finally canceled at 10pm. I have no idea how those poor remaining passengers got home.
    ‘We’re returning to Aruba in October, again flying Delta. Fingers crossed this doesn’t happen again!
    0 1
     

  3. #3
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    5,978
    Post Thanks / Like
    That Philly flight is the one we take. I am now going to keep an extra set of clothing in my carryon.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Laura in NH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Three days?? What a hassle
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village

    0 0
     

  5. #5
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,293
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I were "stranded' for 3 days and I got to stay at the hotel while the airlines figured it out it would be a "gift" BUT if I was at the airport for much of that time Id lose my mind.
    Trip 38 booked for Feb! Cant wait.







    0 3
     

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    409
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    That Philly flight is the one we take. I am now going to keep an extra set of clothing in my carryon.
    In our case with Delta everyone retrieved their luggage but I too am now going to pack extra clothing in my carry on from now on.
    0 1
     

  7. #7
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    5,978
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuckahoe View Post
    In our case with Delta everyone retrieved their luggage but I too am now going to pack extra clothing in my carry on from now on.
    For me, even if I retrieved my luggage, it would be a problem because we leave our clothes in the condo.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. That's terrible. Can't imagine having to do the airport process 3 days in a row.
    0 0
     

  9. #9
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    7,204
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've traveled for a long time for work, in fact I just got home from San Diego last night. I always have at least a pair of underwear and a toothbrush in my carry-on, sometimes more clothes depending on where I'm heading. Side note, last night at 6:00PM of all of the Delta flights departing Atlanta, only 3 were delayed and they were all headed to cities in Louisiana. There were no cancellations, and my flights were all on time. I can't imagine going through the "airport experience" three days in a row in Aruba.
    I want to grow my own food, but I can't find any bacon seeds...
    1 0
     

  10. #10
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    5,978
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I've traveled for a long time for work, in fact I just got home from San Diego last night. I always have at least a pair of underwear and a toothbrush in my carry-on, sometimes more clothes depending on where I'm heading. Side note, last night at 6:00PM of all of the Delta flights departing Atlanta, only 3 were delayed and they were all headed to cities in Louisiana. There were no cancellations, and my flights were all on time. I can't imagine going through the "airport experience" three days in a row in Aruba.
    I usually, even on the return from Aruba have extra underwear, a top, contact lenses solution, case, glasses and medicine. I learned my lesson long ago to have one set, but now I am thinking I need another set.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •