This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you get to the Airport from your HOME

Post Thanks / Like
    We have been using the same car service for the last dozen or so years....they are great. We request and always get the same driver as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    Fortunately our son drives us in and is always waiting when we return...... super dependable....!
    Just like ours!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    If ours drives us we would be in a host of trouble as he is only 10

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Just like ours!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is in his 30's, and in spite of his best efforts to the contrary, has matured enough to be trusted with our vehicles.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I always take an Uber/lyft and it is about 20-25 minutes. The cost of an uber/lyft there and back beat the cost of parking at the airport.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

We changed our flights

I am reading all of your responses and sort of missing living 15 miles west of Boston's Logan Airport.
    Then I think of New England's disgusting horrendous deplorable long winters and I don't complain about living 200+ miles from the nearest airport that offers non stop flights to AUA.
    Today, we changed our flights and moved them from Nonstop All to AUA and turned them in to Tampa to FLL to AUA. for both our April travel and our November travel.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    If we fly from BWI,we drive and park in long term lot, but that's our least favorite method. If we are going to a hotel near the airport the night before, we use uber. If we are in need of an absurdly early ride, I schedule a private shuttle service because I feel like it's more reliable. On the way home we usually just grab a taxi, they are always there waiting. We find that the taxi/shuttle option gives us the most flexibility with flight. We often leave from Reagan and return to Dulles.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    If we are only going anywhere up to two weeks, we do the sleep, park and fly. Anything longer we have our son drop us off at an airport hotel and then pick us up at the hotel so he does not have to navigate PHL. However, I don't know if he will be able to pick us up on April 1 when we get back. We will have to do Uber the 50 miles home or get his assistant to pick us up.

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Post Thanks / Like
    For many of our trips I would drive from Westchester in NY to Newark the night before departure and park the car at a Airport Hotel for the duration of the trip. None of the hotels, whatever the brand, were someplace I would want to hang out in, however the best flights for us were out of Newark. The past few trips to Aruba & other destinations we have been using a private car service to JFK, staying at the TWA hotel and just walking downstairs to Jet Blue. This is much more relaxing and convenient.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We used to drive and park at one of the offsight parking lots. Last few times we have taken a limo because the prices have been comparable and it’s just easier.
    Jayna-Beach Bum at ❤️
    0 0