This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insurance

Post Thanks / Like

Insurance

I cancelled my travel insurance for September's trip since I decided I was not going to travel to Aruba. I took out 2 policies with Allianz one for the time share trade $62.00 and the second for the airfare $26.00. They made it clear that they were not refunding for loss of timeshare due to covid which would have been $1000. So I just ask to cancel the policies and refund my money which they did. At least it's some money back! I still have a policy for a December trip $62.00 time share coverage. We will see how things come along and if I will make that trip..
    Last edited by ArubaAce; 08-10-2020 at 10:03 AM. Reason: spelling

0 0

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ace, so you are losing the $1000 on the timeshare?

Is there a policy in place with JetBlue for you to put your airfare into a travel bank?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn’t realize you could cancel your travel insurance and get a refund. I have a policy out for November. Maybe I should give them a call.

Never mind. I just checked my policy and I’m past the point of being eligible for a refund.
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 08-10-2020 at 10:37 AM.

1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    the travel assurances typically fo not give refunds.
    however they do allow you to credit that insurance to another trip.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    Ace, so you are losing the $1000 on the timeshare?

Is there a policy in place with JetBlue for you to put your airfare into a travel bank?
    Yes Jet Blue will give me a credit. Actually my flight was purchased with miles so they will credit me back and reimburse me $60 for the luggage fee, around $140 extra leg room and an $80 credit for taxes I paid. The timeshare which I had insured with Allianz they are not insuring for covid. So I lose out on the $200 interval exchange and the $1,100 maintenance fee I paid. It is what it is..

1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    The maintenance fee would have had to be paid anyway right?
    some people are calling that fee as lost $ but the way I see it, that fee had to be paid whether you deposited the unit, rented the unit out, used it yourself or let it sit unused.
    It is kind of like a car payment. The payment requires you to pay whether the car sits in a garage 24/7 or not.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Ace, I was able to transfer my Allianz trip insurance from Aruba to a now-planned September week in Cape Cod (thanks to Walt, the travel guru). Now Massachusetts just needs to stay off Connecticut's hot list (the number are apparently creeping up).
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    The maintenance fee would have had to be paid anyway right?
    some people are calling that fee as lost $ but the way I see it, that fee had to be paid whether you deposited the unit, rented the unit out, used it yourself or let it sit unused.
    It is kind of like a car payment. The payment requires you to pay whether the car sits in a garage 24/7 or not.
    Correct Andrea. I've never taken insurance on the timeshare which was not offered in past years but now Interval offers it. It covers up to $1000 should you have to cancel for medical reasons, got sick or something. I'm not going on my trip due to covid but even if there was a shut down in Aruba like a few months back, Allianz is not covering. They would cover though if you were sick due to covid or not where you could not travel as they explained it to me on prior insurance taken earlier in the year up to May but not on a recent insurance.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the travel assurances typically fo not give refunds.
    however they do allow you to credit that insurance to another trip.
    Yes, that’s what I did when we cancelled our May trip. They revised it for November and charged us a little more. Since we don’t have any plans yet for this year we’ll just let it expire.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't give up yet Peg, we transferred our policy to our next April/May trip.