This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: Jetblue’s new temporary policy

Post Thanks / Like

Jetblue’s new temporary policy

So I just got an email from Jetblue stating that because of the Coronavirus being in the headlines they understood customers may be hesitant to book future travel. They have implemented a temporary policy; waiving change and cancellation fees for bookings made February 27th through March 11th. This is for travel completed by June 1st. I wonder if other airlines will do the same?

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the policy and wish they extended it through July. We are waiting to see what happens with the virus before deciding what to do for the summer. I hope to be able to take the entire family away for a couple of weeks so CJ can do camp again...and we also plan to take my mother in-law for a trip as well. She just beat cancer and certainly deserves to celebrate

Post Thanks / Like
    The email did say that they would continue to monitor the situation so who knows, maybe they will extend it.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmmmm what if the booking was made in Dec 2019 for travel in March 2020?
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Technically no, BUT if you were to call and get a nice representative who knows. Money goes back into your travel bank though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Other airlines will probably follow suit. Some already have dropped fees or cancelled flights to parts of Asia and Italy. JetBlue doesn't fly to those countries.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve always felt that JetBlue was proactive. If there are weather issues they are quick to waive the cancel/change fees. I wasn’t surprised by this announcement. On a personal level when we had to fly to Baltimore for Tom’s transplant (6 years ago) I called JB to arrange a wheelchair. I explained the situation and the rep booked us in extra room seats and didn’t charge us for them. Attendants on the flight were extra attentive. These days JB is the only airline we use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Longtime reader/lurker here!
    We have reservations for next week and have no plans to cancel. I work in healthcare and am concerned re: all the media hype about Covid-19. There are things we can all do to help control the spread of this virus (and the common cold, influenza, etc): cover our cough, and wash our hands! There is an overwhelming amount of evidence re: the effectiveness of hand washing. I think the hype is making everyone anxious and perhaps we need to take a deep breath and realize that there is something we can control about this outbreak, as well as continuing to go about our lives. I can't think of anywhere else I would rather be confined if it came to that!
    (Which I don't expect)
    1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Wise words and I completely agree!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Jetblue is expanding the temporary policy for new bookings. Book March 6th through the 31st for travel through September 8, 2020 and cancellation/change fees are waived.