This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: News for USA departures. ...Aruba Airport Authority

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

News for USA departures. ...Aruba Airport Authority

https://www.airportaruba.com/press-r...urs-us-flights

RECOMMENDED CHECK-IN TIME REMAINS 3 HOURS FOR US FLIGHTS
    September 12, 2022
    ORANJESTAD – As of Tuesday, September the 13th of 2022 access for US departing passengers will no longer be restricted to a color code for groups as per the Passenger Flow Control. As of Tuesday, all US flight will be operating without further access restrictions to process passenger’s check-in at the US check-in terminal. All passengers on flights to the US are strongly recommended to be at the airport at least 3 hours before their scheduled departure time. For passenger traveling to other destinations, it is recommended to be at least 2 hours before their scheduled departure time.
    The ED (Electronic Disembarkation) Card system that is used by all passengers arriving in Aruba will also no longer reflect this requirement and therefore no notifications will be sent to passengers about time frames of checking in at the airport as of September 13, 2022.
    After evaluating the color-coding system with all airport stakeholder involved in this system that was initiated at the beginning of this year, it has been decided to temporarily eliminate this flow control system. As we are entering the slower travel months this flow control system is no longer necessary. Further minor modifications will also be implemented within the overall check-in and passenger flow process and a further evaluation will once again be performed before we enter the peak winter season at the end of this year.
    Aruba Airport would like to thank all the stakeholders and airport authorities involved in this process and are committed together with all stakeholders involved to continuously strive to improve the passenger flow processes at Aruba Airport.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    3 1

Post Thanks / Like
    My dad and stepmom were in Aruba last week and left this past Monday (9/12/22) and said it took them 45 minutes from airport front door to departure gate. I am sure leaving on a Monday had a lot to do with that, but they basically breezed through. Their friend was doing her GE interview as well and that took her an extra 10 minutes. They were very happy with those times!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    When we left Sept 1 about 10 people who arrived at airport 2 and a half hours ahead missed their flight to Lauderdale! Three hours is the safest way to go...you never know who and how many are traveling on your day out!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m starting to regret booking my trip to arrive and leave on saturdays. Fingers crossed! Two more weeks!!!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Its not only Saturday but the time of the day...if you are flying out mid day there are TONS of flights departing. The longest lines are at JB by far as they have the most flights leaving each day.
    Trip 38 booked for Feb! Cant wait.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We travel on Saturdays sometimes. It's really no different than any other day if your flight is mid-afternoon. We get there with about with 2 1/2 hours to spare and are always waiting in the lounge for a while before departure. We always fly first class and have Global Entry.
    I want to grow my own food, but I can't find any bacon seeds...
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    wow 3 hours ugghh - we we usually leave on a friday but this year coming in on a Sunday leave friday - guess we will have to give a little more time 3 hours just sounds like a lot of time, thats taking away from my last minutes of sun by the pool lol
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on the airline. When we were returning back in May on JetBlue we had to wait over an hour (half of that time outside) on a Thursday as other people from other airlines walked right in. I like JetBlue but they are now the "legacy" US airline to Aruba at least from the East Coast. They have several flights all leaving around the same time so that causes a major backup.

What was really a BURN was there was an airline (not JetBlue) women outside selling quick access inside for $125.00 per person for JetBlue flyers. When I got home I wrote to JB and got back we don't know anything about it but will look into it. Yeah and I have bridge for sale in Brooklyn.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    what you saw was a private service that charges $$ to bypass lines at the airport.
    they are not airline personnel.
    they are dressed looking like airline/airport employees.
    check the link. https://firstclassaruba.com

many folks do utilize the service.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubajoey View Post
    Depends on the airline. When we were returning back in May on JetBlue we had to wait over an hour (half of that time outside) on a Thursday as other people from other airlines walked right in. I like JetBlue but they are now the "legacy" US airline to Aruba at least from the East Coast. They have several flights all leaving around the same time so that causes a major backup.

What was really a BURN was there was an airline (not JetBlue) women outside selling quick access inside for $125.00 per person for JetBlue flyers. When I got home I wrote to JB and got back we don't know anything about it but will look into it. Yeah and I have bridge for sale in Brooklyn.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0