This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Passport News

Post Thanks / Like
    Our friend's daughter and new husband were going to our condo for their honeymoon. She renewed her passport and he never had one. Everything was sent in at the same time. Her renewal took longer to process than his initial passport.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We did not pay for expedited so I was surprised to see them here!
    Jayna-Beach Bum at ❤️
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting this, we sent our renewals in 2 weeks ago for travel end of November. Ours do not expire until May 2022 but a bit shy of our departure date from Aruba so didn't want to take a chance. Our time frame will also be close if the 18 week predictions are true, I did pay for the extra $ for 2 day shipping back to us. I never thought to track the cancel checks only the tracking that they have received them. Glad you got yours back in time hoping processing will speed up for everyone soon.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We sent in initial passport applications for our kids April 24. Status didn't change to processing until June 7. Then status stayed that way, not to mention the news got released regarding substantial additional processing times due to backlog. Our flight was scheduled for morning of July 19. The week prior still with no passports in hand and no change in status, I frantically contacted one of our senators and a congresswoman. Neither promised anything, in fact we never heard any updates from either.

The Friday before our trip, we got a call from the Arizona passport office saying that they were going to overnight the passports for Saturday early AM delivery. Somebody in that office must have literally walked those passports through the office to get them out, because we never received any shipping notice (no status change on the passport website either) nor did we get any tracking info. But sure enough the passports arrived that Saturday morning and we got on the plane Monday morning. We literally were within hours of cancelling the trip when the passports arrived.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    And today we got our old passports back.
    Jayna-Beach Bum at ❤️
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Jayshea, which passport office did you use?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not for sure if this would work, but I would take a copy of my passport before you send it off. That way you at least have a picture of your old one, that is still good, if things don't work out for you. That would give you a peace of mind.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    There is also a customer service number on form you can call hopefully they are helpful. Noticed a question on form asking when you are traveling? I wondered if they take the dates into consideration at all.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Robin I believe there is only 1 we could use( from Massachusettes)-Philidelphia,Pa
    Jayna-Beach Bum at ❤️
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I contacted our congressman's office last week. All they were able to get the passport office to do is let us pay to expedite and pay for overnight service, so that is what I chose to do. I received emails this morning that they will be here later this week. I am guessing I could have called and had the same thing done. I don't like this congressman(He was elected under one party several times, but in 2019 switched parties while in office) and asking his office for help really rubbed me wrong.

0 1