This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: It Pays To Keep Track Of Airfare

  1. #1
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    2,622
    Post Thanks / Like

    It Pays To Keep Track Of Airfare

    I have a trip schedule for June and had not yet purchased my airfare and so I was checking airfare pretty much every week, every other day since December.

    It paid off as I had the option of purchasing a round trip for just $300 (1 seat was available at this price) and I could upgrade to extra leg room with $100 points each leg as a Mosaic level. However, they gave me $15K extra bonus points for making Mosaic Level and I applied all my points towards Mint. The Mint round trip was priced at $1300 down from $1700 in December but with the points I paid $650.00 and $50 for trip Insurance so total $700.

    I'm set!
    1 5
     

  2. #2
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    6,783
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome!
    0 0
     

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    686
    Post Thanks / Like
    That’s great! You travel from JFK. Think they always have mint especially on the weekends since JFK is their hub. We fly out of Newark and can never find mint to Aruba.

    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I have a trip schedule for June and had not yet purchased my airfare and so I was checking airfare pretty much every week, every other day since December.

    It paid off as I had the option of purchasing a round trip for just $300 (1 seat was available at this price) and I could upgrade to extra leg room with $100 points each leg as a Mosaic level. However, they gave me $15K extra bonus points for making Mosaic Level and I applied all my points towards Mint. The Mint round trip was priced at $1300 down from $1700 in December but with the points I paid $650.00 and $50 for trip Insurance so total $700.

    I'm set!
    0 0
     

  4. #4
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,959
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ive flown Mint once and it was amazing! Congrats
    Just Booked trip 36- Trip report starting in June.







    0 0
     

  5. #5
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    8,134
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only problem with Mint is it is just too easy to get used to then you don’t want to go back to regular seats!! You got a good deal Ace. Congrats!

    0 0
     

  6. #6
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    2,622
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    The only problem with Mint is it is just too easy to get used to then you don’t want to go back to regular seats!! You got a good deal Ace. Congrats!
    So true. I was looking into a trip for September and right now the MINT is like $1800. OUCH! Hopefully it will go down in months to come since Sep is low season.
    0 0
     

  7. #7
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    2,622
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Ive flown Mint once and it was amazing! Congrats
    I've been flying MINT the last 3 trips so I'm hook!
    0 0
     

  8. #8
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    2,622
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Colette M View Post
    That’s great! You travel from JFK. Think they always have mint especially on the weekends since JFK is their hub. We fly out of Newark and can never find mint to Aruba.
    Correct it's usually on the weekends and seasonal. I've seen MINT from Newark on occasion but on Saturday to Saturday. In NY the same Sat to Sat but if you are traveling Sun to Sun or any other day, no MINT.
    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •