This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rising Airfares

Post Thanks / Like

Rising Airfares

On February 27, 2021 I booked our flight down on Jan. 21, 2022. I paid $198.20 a person one way or a total of $396.40 for both of us. I was on AA this morning to see when I can book our return flight in April. Since it was a few days too early for that and since I started seeing prices inch up, I decided to see what the price of flying down on our booked date of Jan, 21 is going for now. I was shocked to see it is now $370.20 per person or $740.40 for two-almost double. So glad I booked when I did. I knew the rate I got was really good and it was probably due to covid, but now that things are better, the rates are going up.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed as well that flights are going up. About 2 weeks ago I was looking at flight to Aruba for September. They were pretty fair but i felt they could be lower. Then 2 weeks later it was sky high for mint seats. Now it went down a little so I booked it so that I could get my single mint seat as I still don't want to sit next to anyone.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    On February 27, 2021 I booked our flight down on Jan. 21, 2022. I paid $198.20 a person one way or a total of $396.40 for both of us. I was on AA this morning to see when I can book our return flight in April. Since it was a few days too early for that and since I started seeing prices inch up, I decided to see what the price of flying down on our booked date of Jan, 21 is going for now. I was shocked to see it is now $370.20 per person or $740.40 for two-almost double. So glad I booked when I did. I knew the rate I got was really good and it was probably due to covid, but now that things are better, the rates are going up.

You are so right. Prices are double or more because people are dying to travel if they are fully vaccinated. I too was looking at September out of Newark! Crazy!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone here happens to be self employed, owns business, or rental property, I would suggest looking into Southwests companion pass. My wife and I have had it for going on 7 years. We fly to Hawaii, mexico, Grand Cayman, florida, and of course Aruba many times and haven't paid for a flight in that time period, just fees and taxes. I know some people don't like SW boarding process, but I would say 50% of the time we sit in exit row with the extra legroom. Were also in AA and Delta's frequent flyer programs, buy by far we use SW the most.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Alan r, welcome to the forum!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Walt! I've been following the forum for a couple months now. My wife and I stayed at the oceania the first part of march, met up with Robin and Stu a couple days. Gave us great advice on purchasing and living in aruba, a big thanks to them. We just sent our deposit on a fourth floor unit in Oasis, expect to close by july 1st. Just booked flights for memorial weekend, plan on meeting our manager and take some inventory of the unit. Enjoy the rest of your trip!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I think we should all be prepared and expect higher rates over the next few years and businesses try to recoup a year of lost revenue. I've started noticing it for hotels and rental cars too (not speaking of Aruba specifically). When the demand comes back, don't expect to find deals. We fully anticipate Aruba timeshare rentals to be hard to come by next year and far fewer deals to be had.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I just quickly checked mine, which were booked in March 2021 for August-September 2021, and they are about the same as current rates.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    last November I paid for me and my wife $570 for round trip to aruba this year $720 airlines are trying to make some money back
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    For us, the prices are going back to what they were precovid.

0 0