This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: Sanitizing airplane seat/area

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanitizing airplane seat/area

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/sanit...ate=2020-02-25

I think all should subscribe to TPG.

Walt has made this suggestion a few times and I am grateful he pointed me in that direction.
    Thank you WaltVB
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    My pleasure!

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    You know this reminds me of a trip I took to Aruba a few years ago. There was this young lady in her 20s on Jet Blue Flight, row 1 extra leg room and I was in row 2 with Ms Daisy. She took out some wipes and she just started wiping the 3 seats, the 3 trays, windows everything. I was like oh come on that is over kill! Then her husband walked in with their cute newborn and I was like ahhh Ok I get it. She then made her husband wash his hands, the babies her etc. I guess she did it more for the baby.

Going a little off topic but same story, she then handed out little bags of candy mostly a variety of mini chocolate bars (my favorite) in case the baby cried on the flight which I thought was cute. The baby never cried and she was a perfect little angel the whole flight smiling and napping. I asked them if they wanted the candy back and they laughed. So then I asked can I expect more candy on the return flight? The husband said it was a one way or one shot deal.

Memories...

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I'd already given some thought to that for September. Will definitely be adding it to the list of things to bring.
    Ace, I LOVE your story!

0 1

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    The minute we get on the plane we sanitize everything from trays to armrests to head rests, everything. We don’t touch anything on the plane u til its been sanitized.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    it is very hard doing bathroom business in a plane.
    it is hard to flush with one's foot.
    I go into the plane's bathroom armed with Clorox wipes.
    most of the time when I fly, I sit buckled in.... and my teeth actually have to be almost floating away before I will get up and use the bathroom.
    ugh, I hate plane bathrooms and the thought of those germs make me gag.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    The minute we get on the plane we sanitize everything from trays to armrests to head rests, everything. We don’t touch anything on the plane u til its been sanitized.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    The best time to use the restroom on a plane is just after boarding while everyone is still finding their seats. It has been cleaned by a crew prior to boarding, so that's when it's the cleanest.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Everything with this Corona virus is scary. Planes, buses, cruise ships, and schools are germ factories. Actually any enclosed space it a germ factory. The lady upstairs from us is going home today to prepare for her trip to Italy in two weeks. She isn't sure she is going to go because of it now being in Italy. She is in her early 80s and this trip is the one she postponed last year after breaking her leg here.

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG! She should definitely cancel that trip. My landlords are from Italy and have already told family that was planning to come visit in August not to make plane reservations until we see where this is going.

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to create a CORONA concern thread in Off Topic.
    0 1