This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: statement from Aruba Airport April 3, 2020

Post Thanks / Like

statement from Aruba Airport April 3, 2020

I just read the following link on another site...wow is my thought. Our wonderful island will not be open anytime soon and not back to "normal" anytime soon based on this article from the Aruba airport.

https://publicate.it/p/FLyjsA139995

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand completely but like you said Jay, WOW, to see it in writing is just so sad. I feel for the Aruban economy and the people who live on that beautiful island. We cancelled our March trip and just don’t know when to reschedule. I just checked and we purchased our airfare in early Dec. 2019, United business class. Since we cancelled ( United was still flying ) our money was banked. I need to find out at some point but I think we have to use the money within a year of the purchase date not the travel date. This is such a trivial thing right now with what is going on around the country, especially in the NYC Metro area which we are considered a part of ( NJ ). We’ll all get back to Aruba sometime.
    0 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are they saying the island will not be open until December? We are booked for November

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Are they saying the island will not be open until December? We are booked for November
    They are saying they will be 100% operational (all flights) by Dec. Until then it will be a gradual rollout of flights up to Dec. The airlines will probably choose their most lucrative routes to start and gradually add in others as demand begins to increase.
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- Oregon winecountry/coast: July 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2020

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, Amy said it well. Sadly their biggest area is also one of the hardest hit areas....the Northeast-especially NY.

I hope/pray one of these companies like JNJ comes up with a vaccine ASAP as they continue to find a way to limits its effects on the ill.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    From the Playa Linda Owners website> https://publicate.it/p/FLyjsA139995?fbc ... Flbpm_cyBQ See ya next year.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    When Aruba opens it borders to us and if there is a demand, the airlines will start running again.