This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trip Insurance A Must!

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of the timeshare exchange company now offer insurance for your week. Interval offers it for just $54 and they tell you how much your week is worth. I did not take the insurance with Interval for my week to Aruba last year in September. I could have been reimburse $700 to $1000 but instead lost the week plus the $200 exchange fee to trade to Aruba. Next time I will get it!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I always buy trip insurance. Never know what could happen, especially medical emergencies. A reimbursement is better than nothing.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure you check your credit card benefits. Many of them offer trip insurance as a benefit, just make sure it covers international travel:

https://www.tripsavvy.com/the-best-c...urance-4147438

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    absolutely Walt!!!

too, MEDICARE covers nothing internationally. nothing.
    possibly though a Medicare supplement "might cover" internationally, but in Aruba, it is cash/credit card up front and then get reimbursement from your insurance or your trip insurance.

ALWAYS check with your insurance,.....it may cover things and it may not.
    As Walt mentioned, check with your credit card company to see if Aruba travel is covered.

we always use www.insuremytrip.com for options and comparisons

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Make sure you check your credit card benefits. Many of them offer trip insurance as a benefit, just make sure it covers international travel:

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    For international travel, trip insurance is as indispensable as your passport. Don't leave home without it!

Glenn
    1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    We always get trip insurance with medical coverage. I also get coverage for pre-existing conditions.

0 0

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the reminder, Ace! I had to cancel a fully paid trip to The Philippines in February because my daughter needed major surgery at the end of January. There was no way I was leaving my girl to go on vacation. Well, guess who didn't buy trip insurance... The resort is giving me one year to use the money I paid for my stay, but I am still not sure if I will be able to get there. Lesson learned, and an expensive one at that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good point!!
    when everything else is covered on the credit card, I purchase medical coverage only. I think I paid less than $10 for medical trip insurance once.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post

1 1