This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: West Jet Cancels

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

West Jet Cancels

WestJet eliminates the Aruba route due to Covid 19.

Hopefully they will be back!!

https://ca.travelpulse.com/news/airl...zYe3OHlEFPLE58

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    1 0

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Andrea and everybody else,

This is not surprising. It is possible that Air Canada may follow suit.

This is likely due to the new Government of Canada requirement for inbound international passengers to produce a negative COVID-19 test result no older than 72 hours prior to the departure of their Canada-bound flight.

The prospect of finding the right kind of test within the required timeframe for the trip home may have caused many Canadians to cancel their trips.

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    WestJet eliminates the Aruba route due to Covid 19.

Hopefully they will be back!!

https://ca.travelpulse.com/news/airl...zYe3OHlEFPLE58
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Hi Andrea and everybody else,

This is not surprising. It is possible that Air Canada may follow suit.

This is likely due to the new Government of Canada requirement for inbound international passengers to produce a negative COVID-19 test result no older than 72 hours prior to the departure of their Canada-bound flight.

The prospect of finding the right kind of test within the required timeframe for the trip home may have caused many Canadians to cancel their trips.

Glenn
    Which is sad if that's the reason. Because Aruba is one of those places where getting a PCR test is close to no hassle. They'll even come to you if I understood it correctly. You'll get the result within hours, let alone 72 hours. Of course, it is an extra expense.

Edit: https://imgur.com/a/jFq5aBn
    Last edited by Arawak; 01-09-2021 at 10:48 AM.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Bon nochi. We arrived on the first WSJ flight from YYZ since last March this past Saturday, learning that morning they are pulling service as of Jan 31 - longest time away from Aruba in 15 years. I received confirmation today that our Apr 13 return was in fact cancelled. I used PM via Twitter to learn more and asked for a refund. Magically, I received a full refund for the return flights plus seat upgrades within the hour. We will worry about our return flight when we need to :-). Concerning is the lack of clarity regarding travel requirements. We got our COVID test in Canada without cost and incident and also know that our return COVID test will be seamless. BTW, AAA (Aruba Airport Authority) was AMAZING in how efficient, safe, and seamless our arrival was.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    So glad that you got to Aruba, squeezing in during that tiny window of opportunity!!

Paul and I were also were very impressed both inbound and departing at Queen Beatrix Airport.
    Our only issue was the green check mark on the paperwork that they needed to see........well ours was in black. (I ran out of colored ink)
    The First Lady at the ED/covid checkpoint was confused and impatient at our lack of green.
    We ended up showing her the green check on the app on our phone and then all was better.

We hope that you and Dorothy have a wonderful stay in Aruba and hope that you do get lots of fun in even though you will be working hard.

If push comes to shove, can you fly JB to Buffalo and then make the rest of the trip home by car or is that not allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by mmattalo View Post
    Bon nochi. We arrived on the first WSJ flight from YYZ since last March this past Saturday, learning that morning they are pulling service as of Jan 31 - longest time away from Aruba in 15 years. I received confirmation today that our Apr 13 return was in fact cancelled. I used PM via Twitter to learn more and asked for a refund. Magically, I received a full refund for the return flights plus seat upgrades within the hour. We will worry about our return flight when we need to :-). Concerning is the lack of clarity regarding travel requirements. We got our COVID test in Canada without cost and incident and also know that our return COVID test will be seamless. BTW, AAA (Aruba Airport Authority) was AMAZING in how efficient, safe, and seamless our arrival was.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0