This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your aruba trip cancelled? on hold? still on schedule?

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Your aruba trip cancelled? on hold? still on schedule?

If you Aruba trip was cancelled, postponed, interrupted ...have you rescheduled or are you sitting tight?

If you have a trip planned for the Summer or Fall have you considered cancelling or are you just sitting tight?

Our end of April trip.......moved to middle of May and we are sitting tight being hopeful, but realistically know it probably won't happen.

Our Thanksgiving trip is still on the schedule.

How about you?
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Just booked December. We have other non Aruba trips and so far we are sitting tight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Our May trip is on hold but expecting to cancel. Holding off and hoping Jetblue extends its cancellation waiver. Since Massachusetts has issued a stay at home advisory and for all nonessential business to close, we got an email from the pet resort saying they are forced to close until at least April 7th. I feel bad for them as they have been in business just over a year and have put their heart and souls into this business. Young couple with a 9 month old at home.

Thanksgiving trip is booked for the Manchebo. Since we don’t know what JetBlue will be doing, I’ll hold off on booking our add on days so we have more flexibility. JetBlue plans to cut flights by 40% for April and May.

So.. keeping fingers crossed that Thanksgiving is a go.

Normally we would be headed back to Vegas in August but we’re pretty sure that won’t happen. Of course, that means we could extend our Thanksgiving in Aruba!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Our next available dates for Fall, would be September-October. I've been looking at airfare traveling to Aruba in September and a one way on Jet Blue is the least expensive I've ever seen, $140.00 pp. Going to see what Aruba does with the border control for awhile. I can't see the fares going up at all, until the government changes their current policies, and then I think the airfares will remain low, to entice a resurgence in tourism.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Have 2 weeks starting May 17-30 at La Cabana and Playa Linda which are our regular weeks and flying Southwest. We are holding tight to see whats happens. Nothing we can do about it.
    Last edited by darlou57; 03-24-2020 at 10:30 AM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Our Aruba trip was scheduled for 3/16 - 3/25. Manchebo Beach Resort refunded our money almost immediately which I was so grateful for. Our airfare money is banked with United. We can travel anytime but I just don’t know when to reschedule. I think we’ll just sit tight and wait. On another note, we are Disney annual passholders and usually go twice a year for about 2 weeks each visit (few nights on property and then a rental home). We’re booked at The Yacht Club starting 5/15. I still haven’t cancelled ( I know it’s not going to happen ). Our passes expire 10/27, but Disney will add the time they are closed to extend our passes. We would have planned a Fall trip after our May trip. Sorry I drifted off topic!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We are TS owners at Playa Linda, rented this year from another member from Mar 1 to Mar 14, then planned to stay in our own unit from Mar 15-29. Then Covid 19 changed everything. Our flight home on JB was cancelled, rescheduled, cancelled again. We got out Mar 19 on another airline, so gave up 1 1/2 weeks. That was owned, so we absorb the loss, as do so many other owners. We fully intend to go next year in March, as these are our weeks. Will we use another airline? Probably. JB left us stranded. Still steamed about that.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    many folks are steamed too.
    ESPECIALLY since the CEO of the company gave such a heartwarming kind service oriented statement.
    Apparently she lied
    Quote Originally Posted by rern73 View Post
    We are TS owners at Playa Linda, rented this year from another member from Mar 1 to Mar 14, then planned to stay in our own unit from Mar 15-29. Then Covid 19 changed everything. Our flight home on JB was cancelled, rescheduled, cancelled again. We got out Mar 19 on another airline, so gave up 1 1/2 weeks. That was owned, so we absorb the loss, as do so many other owners. We fully intend to go next year in March, as these are our weeks. Will we use another airline? Probably. JB left us stranded. Still steamed about that.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 03-24-2020 at 11:41 AM. Reason: autocorrect stinks
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We were to be there this week, but we have not rescheduled yet. I am guessing we will be able to get the AirBnB again fairly easily. The owner and I agreed to keep in touch. I guess that is something I need to think about though: what the availability is with them. Anyway, our tickets are with American Airlines and I guess are there for us to use whenever we do reschedule. One of my big questions throughout all of this is: we bought our tickets initially in September last year and paid (handsomely) for first class because we decided to splurge for this trip. AA changed the flight times in December, so new tickets were issued at that time. With the way flight prices are right now, we now have WAY overpaid for first class. Will AA keep the balance and let us basically use it up on other flights and schedule more trips if our re-booking does not cost the same amount as the initial ticket price? Does anyone know how that works?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We were suppose to be there in 3 weeks or so...we have canceled and right now have we have zero idea when we may be able to return again I have a 3600 credit with JetBlue but when I use that AND all my points, I too will be moving on from JB as I am disgusted they chose profits over getting their customers home safely. Looks like i need to research a new airline/credit card combo.