This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your aruba trip cancelled? on hold? still on schedule?

Post Thanks / Like
    American Airlines also did a terrible job handling passengers on the island. Us and Stu and Robin, were originally scheduled for departure on 4/2 and 4/1, respectively. When referring to AA's website, the instructions at the top of the page, were to not call for a schedule change, if you were scheduled to fly beyond 72 hours, although you could make changes online. At no time, did either of us receive notification from AA, notifying us that our flights were canceled. Both of us, continued to receive offers from AA, to upgrade our seat selection on our original departure days. If we hadn't taken it upon ourselves to pursue the information on our own locally, we would have been left in the dark. Shame on them...

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    American Airlines also did a terrible job handling passengers on the island. Us and Stu and Robin, were originally scheduled for departure on 4/2 and 4/1, respectively. When referring to AA's website, the instructions at the top of the page, were to not call for a schedule change, if you were scheduled to fly beyond 72 hours, although you could make changes online. At no time, did either of us receive notification from AA, notifying us that our flights were canceled. Both of us, continued to receive offers from AA, to upgrade our seat selection on our original departure days. If we hadn't taken it upon ourselves to pursue the information on our own locally, we would have been left in the dark. Shame on them...
    We got a "time to check in to your flight!" notice via the AA app on the morning of 3/23 that was to be our flight day to Aruba. I had cancelled the flight on 3/15 when Aruba announced no inbound flights were going to be allowed. I am glad I proactively cancelled, but from what you are saying, it seems like it wouldn't have mattered. Maybe trying to stop systems that are in motion is harder than I am realizing, but one would think with all that is going on, they would be laser-focused on helping their customers first and foremost.

0 0

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Post Thanks / Like
    We had planned a visit to Maine over Memorial day and were still considering where to go in October for our 50th. I also had a 4 day fishing trip with friends scheduled for late April on the eastern side of lake Ontario. Everything is up in the air now as we are still on Aruba with no firm plans to leave, We have an April 1st flight booked but I doubt that will happened. Right now we are enjoying life on a deserted, Dessert Island.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sitting tight with my week at Manchebo Sept. 3-10. As Peg has mentioned, they have a great cancellation policy even without this crisis. But since now it's 24 hours for full refund (they require 50%), see no reason not to let my reservation stay on their books. Hoping if things are still bad by then that Delta will come through with a voucher for a flight within a year. I'd be okay with that if it would help keep Delta in business. If I have to cancel, I'll go next year and maybe stay a few days longer.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Ouch, shame on them for sure. So which airlines stepped up? I heard Southwest did...not sure I can handle not flying direct. Any info on Delta?

Post Thanks / Like
    I totally agree with Steve. I had even called AA on Tuesday, March 17 and they confirmed our flight was flying on April 1st even though that was not the case. The couple next to me on our flight on Saturday were in the same position-scheduled for April first and no notification, then they called and changed it to Sunday and then had it cancelled. They had 1st class seats because he has back problems and lost them. They were waiting to see if they would get their money back from AA.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m scheduled to fly down on Jetblue on May 3rd. Staying at Divi Village TS first week, then I’m supposed to close on my condo at Azure. Jetblue still showing flights starting 4/30. Divi was letting timeshare owners use weeks at another date or for one year, but that was only for travel thru 3/31 so far. Will wait to see what Aruba government does after 3/31. I’m really disappointed, as I’m sure everyone else is, but was so looking forward to my new condo!!!!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    save this link. https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-health-requirements

and check it daily

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAngela View Post
    I’m scheduled to fly down on Jetblue on May 3rd. Staying at Divi Village TS first week, then I’m supposed to close on my condo at Azure. Jetblue still showing flights starting 4/30. Divi was letting timeshare owners use weeks at another date or for one year, but that was only for travel thru 3/31 so far. Will wait to see what Aruba government does after 3/31. I’m really disappointed, as I’m sure everyone else is, but was so looking forward to my new condo!!!! ������
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    flight cancellation info:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/new...UFi?li=BBnbklE

This may be why the airlines aren't cancelling flights right away

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I say we boycott all airlines and just swim to Aruba JK