This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car buying and home ownership in Aruba

Post Thanks / Like
    The settlement went smooth and fast. No issues whatsoever. Had to go to the separate utility companies and pay the deposit in cash but that went smooth too. Buying a car next week and it seems pretty convoluted; deposit the cash in the car dealers bank account, wait a day, get the paperwork from the dealer, go to the tax office and pay the taxes, get car insurance, go get the plates, get the inspection, finish. Ugh.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad it going well overall. You car buying experience sounds like buying a car in the states for the 1st time. I have not purchased many cars that I picked up the same day I put down my deposit- I know its a long process but you will be happy in the end I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Travelinman View Post
    The settlement went smooth and fast. No issues whatsoever. Had to go to the separate utility companies and pay the deposit in cash but that went smooth too. Buying a car next week and it seems pretty convoluted; deposit the cash in the car dealers bank account, wait a day, get the paperwork from the dealer, go to the tax office and pay the taxes, get car insurance, go get the plates, get the inspection, finish. Ugh.
    April 17th- Aruba here we come!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad the closing went well. Dealing with the car is a pain, but it is what it is-time consuming.

Where are you going to keep the car when you are not there?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll keep my car at the condo. It's a gated community and I spoke to the security guard. I feel pretty good about leaving it.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I am closing on my condo next week here in Aruba and plan on staying for 180 days or less. I have a few questions.

1) How do I stay for 180 days once I close on my condo? Do I need to fill out paperwork or just show the deed to immigration?
    a) If I am already here on the island, can I extend my stay somehow once I have my deed?

2) What is required to buy a car here if paying cash? (ie - Do I need a bank account, Aruba based insurance, tax id, etc)

3) As a non-resident I noticed that Aruba Bank likes to charge crazy fees.. Any other options for a bank account without fees?

4) any other suggestions/ tips? I am not interested in staying here for more than 180 days.

Thanks in advance to all those that have jumped through these hoops...
    Congrats mate! Enjoy your 6months stay there in Aruba. I wish I could already pursue my visit too hehe
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on your purchase! I recommend you to call Solaica, Clarinda consultancy, I am sure if you give her a call she is happy to tell you what the exact rules are, and what you need to do to be able to stay here 180 days a year.

Btw, Try RBC bank or maybe even better the new player on the block: First Carib (I myself have good experiences there)

Good luck and enjoy your condo!

Hi, I am closing on my condo next week here in Aruba and plan on staying for 180 days or less. I have a few questions.

1) How do I stay for 180 days once I close on my condo? Do I need to fill out paperwork or just show the deed to immigration?
    a) If I am already here on the island, can I extend my stay somehow once I have my deed?

2) What is required to buy a car here if paying cash? (ie - Do I need a bank account, Aruba based insurance, tax id, etc)

3) As a non-resident I noticed that Aruba Bank likes to charge crazy fees.. Any other options for a bank account without fees?

4) any other suggestions/ tips? I am not interested in staying here for more than 180 days.

Thanks in advance to all those that have jumped through these hoops...
    - Buyers Agent Aruba -

- Looking out for the interests of Buyers only! Free professional guidance when buying property in Aruba -

0 0