This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Car windshield shades

  1. #1
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    6,880
    Post Thanks / Like

    Car windshield shades

    We rent a car every trip and use it quite a bit. We have started bringing a windshield shade to place in the windshield while parked in various locations around the island. We bring a two piece cloth style that folds up in a circle and fits right in the suitcase. It really helps keep the inside of the car, and especially the steering wheel, cooler when parked in that awesome Aruba sun.
    0 2
     

  2. #2
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    41,649
    Post Thanks / Like
    terrific idea.
    where did you and mrs walt find that?
    paul and i would love something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We rent a car every trip and use it quite a bit. We have started bringing a windshield shade to place in the windshield while parked in various locations around the island. We bring a two piece cloth style that folds up in a circle and fits right in the suitcase. It really helps keep the inside of the car, and especially the steering wheel, cooler when parked in that awesome Aruba sun.
    0 1
     

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,695
    Post Thanks / Like
    GENIUS!
    a great tip Ty
    0 1
     

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea! and it also helps to hide what is inside the vehicle - not that you should leave anything of value in the car anyway...
    Loving Aruba from NJ
    0 0
     

  5. #5
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    6,880
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    terrific idea.
    where did you and mrs walt find that?
    paul and i would love something like that.
    Actually, it's the one I use daily in my truck at home. We've been bringing it for a few years now. We got it at Walmart for about $10. There are several types and designs...

    http://www.walmart.com/c/kp/windshield-shade
    0 0
     

  6. #6
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    41,649
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks walt
    paul just got home from walmart with our new windshield sun shield

    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Actually, it's the one I use daily in my truck at home. We've been bringing it for a few years now. We got it at Walmart for about $10. There are several types and designs...

    http://www.walmart.com/c/kp/windshield-shade
    0 1
     

  7. #7
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    6,880
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    thanks walt
    paul just got home from walmart with our new windshield sun shield
    My pleasure, always glad to help out
    0 0
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •