This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Gift shop @ Lacabana

Post Thanks / Like

Gift shop @ Lacabana

I just wanted to mention the gift shop called Purely Aruban Artwork at LaCabana. This is such a cute little shop and a nice spot to pick up souvenirs that are made in Aruba. I picked up my Djucu keychain and necklace when we were there in November and I’m planning to stop in on our upcoming trip. I happened to send them an email with a question about one of their artists and we had such a nice email exchange. It reminded me of how pleasant the staff in the store were. So if you’re in the area or looking for souvenirs other than T-shirts, give them a look.

0 2

Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally, you hunted down your Djucu!
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    i cannot wait to get in to the Purely Aruban Artwork shop.

Gift shop @ Lacabana-fullsizeoutput_1249-jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I just wanted to mention the gift shop called Purely Aruban Artwork at LaCabana. This is such a cute little shop and a nice spot to pick up souvenirs that are made in Aruba. I picked up my Djucu keychain and necklace when we were there in November and I’m planning to stop in on our upcoming trip. I happened to send them an email with a question about one of their artists and we had such a nice email exchange. It reminded me of how pleasant the staff in the store were. So if you’re in the area or looking for souvenirs other than T-shirts, give them a look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Finally, you hunted down your Djucu!

Yes, it only took 8 years!! Andrea was the sleuth who found them at Purely Aruban which, of course, I truly appreciate!!

0 1

Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad, you got yours! I remember it very well that it had been a topic in your past trip reports and it was very exciting following your quest for "the elusive Djucu".
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a great video in the store. WARNING: If you get seasick easily you may want to step away from this vid
    https://www.facebook.com/salvageange...pzs2SeZ0v7SWps
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you!!! That will be one of my first stops in 19 days... I wanted to find one myself but I guess they are pretty rare and no one seems to know what they are. Only one local I know knew what I was talking about!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Judi G View Post
    Thank you!!! That will be one of my first stops in 19 days... I wanted to find one myself but I guess they are pretty rare and no one seems to know what they are. Only one local I know knew what I was talking about!
    Like you, I had hoped to find my own. However, I’m happy with my purchase and it supports a local artisan. The keychain I have attached to the side of the small crossbody I use when traveling or gambling. I also purchased a necklace.

0 0