This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grocery Delivery Services

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arawak View Post
    Note that delivery charges on Aruba are high compared to larger countries because grocery delivery is still relatively new service and the size of the market just isnt large enough to allow companies the space to offer a 1-3 Euro/USD delivery charge. If the locals and tourists get around to using these services much more often, I suspect they'll be able to lower that fee. 20$ does sound very high though, even for Aruba standards. usually its like 10-15 Florins the few times i've had something delivered(not groceries though).
    It could be that it was posted in florins and the person that posted didn't realize that. Either way, this should work well for our needs.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    If I recall correctly, I believe if you spend more than $50 there is no delivery fee. That was easy for us to do, especially getting a bottle of alcohol at the store. Lol. I know we did not have to pay a fee.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    Yes, I'll pay the 20 bucks. It just seems high. We will be trying to avoid busy places on this trip. We are both vaccinated but don't want to run the risk of testing positive when it's time to go home and having to quarantine.
    we used “Aruba groceries to go” during our visit a couple of weeks ago. Yes the delivery charge was $20. The service was excellent and our order was delivered at the agreed time with good communication. Appropriate substitutions of some items were made. Unfortunately, several items were out of stock and not delivered. These items were refunded to our credit card a few days later.

i will definitely use this service again during our next visit to Aruba in July. For our 1 week visit, we are not buying so much food that spending time at a supermarket to pick our own items is that important, nor a good use of our vacation time.
    Brian

0 0