This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SUperFood or Ling or Other

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

SUperFood or Ling or Other

What is on your list when you load up at the market in Aruba?
    Whether you are in a timeshare, hotel room or a condo or house.......one needs food and drink.
    What is on your list?

Typically ours has:
    bread
    milk
    diet rootbeer
    something yummy from the bakery dept
    skewers for the grill
    bananas that look like they will ripen before we die
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    In all our trips we’ve been in a supermarket once. I’ve always wanted to check out Superfood though. My list would include Verkade chocolate; pastries like boterkoek for breakfast; and any interesting Dutch products. I imagine I would also pick up some nice cheese and definitely wine.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We shop for drinks, lunch meat, bread and Dutch snacks. We also do breakfast every now and then in the room when we're at Surf Club, so eggs, bacon, cheese and English muffins. We usually shop at Superfoods now, but we also go to Ling's and some Chinese markets depending what we're searching for. We also like Do-It Center for booze.
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never been to Super Foods. It's on my list for this year just to check it out (and look at the pastries! LOL!).

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We shop for drinks, lunch meat, bread and Dutch snacks. We also do breakfast every now and then in the room when we're at Surf Club, so eggs, bacon, cheese and English muffins. We usually shop at Superfoods now, but we also go to Ling's and some Chinese markets depending what we're searching for. We also like Do-It Center for booze.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We like to eat meals in mostly, we buy various assortment of meats for grilling, vegetables, soda, eggs, lunch meats, cheeses, fruits and we shop at Lings.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am here most of the year. Ling's is my preference but I do go to Super Foods and Do It Center about every 10 days for some specific items. Today I went to Super Foods because:
    the ship that brings in produce broke down a couple of days ago, therefore an issue and I read hotels and restaurants were shopping in the stores in order to meet their needs. Super Foods receives lots of produce from Holland so I figured my luck would be better there. Plus they had a few bags of local lettuce....yum! I was correct

however, no eggs and no milk....NONE! Figured Lings would be the same...so off to Do It Center...Lactose Free milk (which we use) and medium eggs.....yay! No produce to speak of!

Some days grocery shopping is like a treasure hunt!

(Oh and I presume because it was a rainy morning many were doing grocery shopping...store was mobbed....but kudos to SF...all checkouts were open and the boys were cruising the front looking to help)
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I like in order: SuperFoods, DoIt, PriceSmart, Lings and occasionally Save More because they sometimes carry Hillshire Farms Turkey Kielbasa/sausage. The European products at SuperFoods are awesome as is the bakery. DoIt and Lings for US brands that SuperFoods doesn't carry. PriceSmart for bulk items.

Post Thanks / Like
    We usually shop at Super Food and PriceSmart. Super Food has some great cheese platters and deli meat selections and some amazing prepared chicken salad. Price Smart for the bulk items that we will use for the entire 2-3 weeks and they also have a pretty good bakery, although not a wide variety. The booze room makes up for it.
    Loving Aruba from NJ
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We like Superfoods but found a local market that has everything close to where we stay and its always packed...Ting Wei has everything from Milk-Beer and all in between.
    Trip 38 booked for Feb! Cant wait.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a novice to all things and places in Aruba but I do use the Do it center all the time and all the others less often.
    First, the Do it center is the closest to my place and it has all household items and a good food selection.
    Second, but very important, is the great big parking lot !!
    Of course Superfoods is awesome but the parking...not so much .
    0 0