This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: Car rental and natural pool

Post Thanks / Like

Car rental and natural pool

Hello all,

We are heading to Aruba with our teenagers this coming summer and plan on renting either a jeep or a 4x4 truck so we can get out and show the kids the island for the first time. I know Yess will allow you to take their 4x4 vehicles to Conchi and through Arikok, but does anyone know about Royal? They price a little better for a 2 door jeep, but it won't be worth it if we can't get out and explore a bit.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd send them an email. We've dealt with Royal in the past and they are very accommodating.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I'd send them an email. We've dealt with Royal in the past and they are very accommodating.
    Thanks, Walt. I will email them in the morning
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    If memory serves me correctly, all rental contracts state that you are not allowed to go to the natural pool but everyone does.
    Next Aruba trip in [Countdown=03/19/2016@8;0am;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe that there is at least one rental agency that does not include that in their contract.
    Forum member Leavethekidswithmom, (cool name huh?) when in Aruba, rent a vehicle that does not have that in the contract.

Me the worrier, drive so cautiously on the streets in Aruba with a sedan. One of the last things any of us need is to damage a vehicle that we are responsible for.

Quote Originally Posted by ladder4 View Post
    If memory serves me correctly, all rental contracts state that you are not allowed to go to the natural pool but everyone does.

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We have used Yes! Car Rental for a jeep and they allow their 4x4 vehicles to be driven to the natural pool. Keep in mind, your credit card insurance may not cover you and the insurance you can buy from the rental agency does not cover single car accidents, so if you do choose to go there, while it is allowed - you may have to pay out of pocket for any damage that occurs to the vehicle.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    1 0