This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: A few rental car questions

Post Thanks / Like

A few rental car questions

We decided to rent a car for 7 of the 10 days we are there this month. We rented from Wheels 2 Go and they will drop off/pickup at Manchebo. We won’t use it every day but we want to explore more of the island this time. I do a lot of the driving at home and deal with lots of busy highways and crazy drivers. I also understand how circles (that’s what we call them in Jersey, at least by me) work. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions, especially parking if we drive down to Palm Beach area. The only gas station I remember is on the road that the Local Store is on. Do they pump it or do you? Living in Jersey I have never pumped gas. My husband does it on our road trips. Also we’ve downloaded Maps.me that everyone has recommended. I guess that’s all for now.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    maps.me is terrific.
    we use the gas station that you mentioned, also the one near the cruise port.
    our last couple of trips were self serve, but they do have full serve lines as well.

parking in the palm beach area.........I recommend parking up behind Moomba or parking in the lot across from the Hyatt or is it Playa Linda?

better yet, take the bus from Eagle Beach area up to Palm Beach and put the parking thoughts out of your mind.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    maps.me is terrific.
    we use the gas station that you mentioned, also the one near the cruise port.
    our last couple of trips were self serve, but they do have full serve lines as well.

parking in the palm beach area.........I recommend parking up behind Moomba or parking in the lot across from the Hyatt or is it Playa Linda?

better yet, take the bus from Eagle Beach area up to Palm Beach and put the parking thoughts out of your mind.
    Thanks Andrea about suggesting not looking for parking in the Palm Beach area. The bus is a much better idea. Also a question about paying at the gas pump, I assume US $$ is acceptable?
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes. $$ acceptable

Quote Originally Posted by stoney4555 View Post
    Thanks Andrea about suggesting not looking for parking in the Palm Beach area. The bus is a much better idea. Also a question about paying at the gas pump, I assume US $$ is acceptable?
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    yes. $$ acceptable
    Thanks Andrea!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I've started getting gas at the station in Sasaki. It's easy to get in and out, never crowded right off the traffic circle at the Pizza Hut. Also, I recommend going to Walmart and buying one of those windshield visors to use to keep the steering wheel from melting and the interior of the car a bit cooler. They work, you can thank me later. There are plenty of parking spots at Palm Beach Mall that are fairly inexpensive. Holiday Inn has a free lot as does Moomba and there is a pedestrian cut through from Moomba parking to the Holiday Inn lot. There are more areas to park near the RIU and Hilton on the street and there is a small lot near Lola.
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    There are several gas stations. I use the one closest to our condo-head inland a block from the circle(I am a Jersey girl too) where the IMAX is located-between the bowling alley and construction, go around the little circle and it is right there. There is also one closer to the port and in San Nicholas if you are down there. Aruba is the only place this Jersey Girl pumps her own gas.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I've started getting gas at the station in Sasaki. It's easy to get in and out, never crowded right off the traffic circle at the Pizza Hut. Also, I recommend going to Walmart and buying one of those windshield visors to use to keep the steering wheel from melting and the interior of the car a bit cooler. They work, you can thank me later. There are plenty of parking spots at Palm Beach Mall that are fairly inexpensive. Holiday Inn has a free lot as does Moomba and there is a pedestrian cut through from Moomba parking to the Holiday Inn lot. There are more areas to park near the RIU and Hilton on the street and there is a small lot near Lola.
    Thanks for suggesting a sun shade. I just ordered one. Also I know right where that Pizza Hut is so now I know where another gas station is. Also thanks for the Palm Beach parking ideas in case we drive down.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    There are several gas stations. I use the one closest to our condo-head inland a block from the circle(I am a Jersey girl too) where the IMAX is located-between the bowling alley and construction, go around the little circle and it is right there. There is also one closer to the port and in San Nicholas if you are down there. Aruba is the only place this Jersey Girl pumps her own gas.
    I laugh with my out of state friends that I’ve never pumped gas. I always say on our road trips I should learn how.
    0 0

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    aThe roundabout by the airport is a tuffy

0 0