This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: A Few Things I Read on DOW FB page

Post Thanks / Like

A Few Things I Read on DOW FB page

They are going to be fixing up the roundabout near Surfside Beach/End of the Airport/Plaza di Cultura. It is supposed to be done in phases. Work started about 2 weeks ago.

They also made a roundabout where the traffic light on Wilhelminastraat and Adriaan Lacle Blvd.

They are also continuing to work on Baby Beach and are making a promenade.

The bridge going toward San Nicholas is now lit up alternating neon green and neon yellow.

I haven't seen anything on the new roundabout in Palm Beach. It was supposed to be done this week, but I haven't seen anything on it.

https://www.facebook.com/dowaruba

Post Thanks / Like
    Any idea if we can still drive that rt from the airport during roundabout reno?
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura in NH View Post
    Any idea if we can still drive that rt from the airport during roundabout reno?
    It seems like all it will be open. I think it is more beautifying than redoing it.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    imo....when they beautify the roundabouts with things that are pleasant to look at........it creates a huge distraction for drivers.
    last December, there were some christmas or holiday displays on certain roundabouts (in the center) and those decorations, although lovely caused drivers to be distracted.

Robin I moved this from Aruba General to Getting Around Aruba.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    imo....when they beautify the roundabouts with things that are pleasant to look at........it creates a huge distraction for drivers.
    last December, there were some christmas or holiday displays on certain roundabouts (in the center) and those decorations, although lovely caused drivers to be distracted.

Robin I moved this from Aruba General to Getting Around Aruba.
    Thanks Andrea. I wasn't sure where to put it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Its been Aruban tradition for many decades to put up Christmas decorations at some roundabouts(especially the most traversed ones). Besides the government placed lights, companies can also "sponsor" other individual roundabouts to use as holiday promotion.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I haven't seen anything on the new roundabout in Palm Beach. It was supposed to be done this week, but I haven't seen anything on it.
    Just my guess, but probably delayed a couple of weeks due to a couple rain events + the potential tropical storm.
    0 0