This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Getting to Carnval grand parade...

Post Thanks / Like

Getting to Carnval grand parade...

We want to attend the Carnival Grand Parade tomorrow. We're in a villa in the Ruby neighborhood. We would like to take a taxi and have some questions. Can we call a taxi to pick us up at the Villa? What time should we head to Oranjestad for the parade and what is a good location to have the taxi take us to. Will we have much trouble finding a taxi to get us home later?

We have a car, but the traffic in Oranjestad is just too much for me and finding a place to park seems just about impossible. I figure a taxi is much less hassle, provided we can actually get home...
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    a taxi will be easier if you can find one available

get to the location EARLY

a good spot might be near West Deck

I would have the taxi drop you off at the tall bank Caribe Bank building (if the driver agrees to get you even that close)
    I am sure a taxi driver will not even attempt to get you much closer to Smith Blvd.

I will post a map of where to ask for drop off and then you will have to walk the rest of the way.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 03-02-2019 at 12:18 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attachment 7624I would ask to be dropped off as close to Smith Blvd as reasonable.
    This might be a good drop off location.

Then you'd walk west, about 1/3 mile to Smith Blvd and there you'll have to find a spot.

Be forewarned it is going to be a huge congested event.
    Emphasis on Huge and Congested.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the letter that the Renaissance gave to all their guests this weekend.Getting to Carnval grand parade...-img_0810-jpg

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    The taxi driver (who was quite helpful) suggested we drop off at the Renaissance and watch the parade in that area. She said it will be much easier to get a taxi back from there, given that the Renaissance has a taxi stop there. Aside from getting there way too early, we had a wonderful time. The parade went on forever, it seemed. It was more than 3 hours long. Certainly a highlight of our trip.

Less fun was finding parking for Hebbe Hebbe, only to find out it had been cancelled, something this site didn't seem to catch wind of...
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    check out posting 1, this link...Carnaval Dates. 2019

Hebbe Hebbe was mentioned there.

Quote Originally Posted by cbowen View Post
    The taxi driver (who was quite helpful) suggested we drop off at the Renaissance and watch the parade in that area. She said it will be much easier to get a taxi back from there, given that the Renaissance has a taxi stop there. Aside from getting there way too early, we had a wonderful time. The parade went on forever, it seemed. It was more than 3 hours long. Certainly a highlight of our trip.

Less fun was finding parking for Hebbe Hebbe, only to find out it had been cancelled, something this site didn't seem to catch wind of...

Post Thanks / Like
    We were there. It didn't happen. There may have been something at the post office parking lot, but the main show at the harbor arena did not happen. When we asked about it in a restaurant, we were told it was cancelled due to illness in the de Silva family, who put the show on. If you go to Facebook page for the event, https://www.facebook.com/events/789196948127447/, I think the Papiamento in the postings translates to indicate the cancellation, but the translation engines are not working very well on it. We found one other page at the time that announced the cancellation, I believe (again, it was in Papiamento), but I can't seem to find it now.
    0 0