This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Gps

Post Thanks / Like

Gps

Friends of ours are making their first trip to Aruba and as they say they get lost in their own home. Is there an APP or detailed map you know about?

Thanks.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maps.me
    we use it in Aruba often.

moving to "getting around aruba"
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 04-07-2022 at 10:52 PM.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    While on a wifi connection, or before I leave home, I save the latest Aruba map on Google Maps. Once downloaded, you can use offline for directions. But we still find driving at night difficult, and the lack of street signs doesn't help.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is some additional information about Google Maps:
    Navigation using Offline Google Maps: Before you go to Aruba, I recommend that you download an OFFLINE version of Google Maps for Aruba to your smartphone. You will find that it is useful to navigate to various beaches, attractions and restaurants throughout the island. Google doesn’t always navigate you to exactly where you need to go, but it will direct you to the general neighborhood/area with a fair amount of accuracy. Here is a link to a YouTube video which provides great directions on how to download an OFFLINE google map. Be sure to change the setting to only download over WiFi and this video provides instruction on that also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al-hpLzvQgg
    When you are selecting the area to download for google maps, use your fingers to zoom out of your local Area….and this eventually backs you out into a world map. From there, use your fingers to zoom in on the Caribbean. If you continue to zoom in over the north coast of South America, just above Venezuela, you’ll eventually see the island of Aruba come into view. The entire island will fit into the “download window” – so just fit the island in the window and download the map. The size of the download is ~18MB.
    The Google map download is good for a month (then the info expires) - so I typically schedule a reminder for myself to download the map the week prior to my travel date.
    Bella Ruby - a luxury vacation home for your next tropical adventure in Aruba: www.BellaRubyAruba.com
    0 0