This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More Road Closures

Post Thanks / Like

More Road Closures

I saw this on FB and then went to Ling's site where I copy and pasted here.

Attention customers!: Temporary Change of Route to Ling & Sons

Published on: Monday, Jan 14, 2019 | Print this Article
    Starting January 14 2019 (after 9am) DOW (government) will be partially be closing the road Schotlandstraat and Caya Pos Abou for the construction of the new roundabout across Ling & Sons.
    During this period, the traffic will be re-directed and Ling & Sons will still be accessible via the following 3 entrances:

1. Via the road of Sun plaza, Caya Pos going to Italie Straat then cross to Italiestraat to go in to the parkinglot of the old Ling & Sons building/warehouse (located in the back of Ling & Sons building)
    2. Via Palijs Hindu/ Engelandstraat
    3. Via the main entrance coming from frankrijkstraat/Compra

The Map shows the different options to reach Ling & Sons. Marked red are the roads Caya Pos and Schotlandstraat which will be partially closed.
    Customers coming from Noord/Palmbeach area via Sasaki /LG smith boulevard or via Low rise hotels can reach Ling & Sons via the traffic lights near Sunplaza- enter Caya Pos- Turn right to Italiestraat- enter the old Ling & Sons building/warehouse parking lot then head over to Ling & Sons supermarket.
    Customers coming from Oranjestad Lloyd Boulevard/Downtown/Airport can also enter via the traffic lights near Sunplaza, via Frankrijkstraat, Engelandstraat or Italiestraat as shown on the map.
    The DOW (the government) project to build the new roundabout has a duration of 3 months. During this time Ling & Sons, your favorite supermarket will still be accessible via the different alternatives mentioned. We apologize for any inconvenience you may experience during this time.
    For more information please contact us at Ling & Sons via (297)521-2370, via website www.lingandsons.com or find us on facebook/instagram.

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I know Ling and Son may suffer with this construction. Getting there today was not so bad if you are coming from Smith(which we didn't, but that is a whole different story), but leaving is difficult. We, along with others, drove in circles. I think they are missing and exit sign. I'll try to figure this out soon.

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are going to DoIt in Shaba, they are closing the intersection at the corner near DoIt(the road from Superfoods and Rt. 2) to put in another roundabout.More Road Closures-56448921_2354516224767878_1702730228196966400_n-jpg

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I had liked DOW on FB and see all their posts. By the looks of it, the entire island is one construction zone. It is my understanding that they are repaving Smith and it is closed from the roundabout closest to Oceania to SuperFoods for repaving going north and in a few days they'll do side going south. I just saw they are rerouting traffic in the MFA building/Caribbean PalmVillage traffic light because they are taking out the light and putting in another roundabout. If you have a Facebook account, search for DOW and look at their postings. It seems like a hover craft would be the best way to get around the island.

2 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the posting! You just made my decision for me, I will NOT be renting a car to get my son to soccer camp and will rely on taxis. I hate driving when I don't know where I am going and add construction and I will pass for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I had liked DOW on FB and see all their posts. By the looks of it, the entire island is one construction zone. It is my understanding that they are repaving Smith and it is closed from the roundabout closest to Oceania to SuperFoods for repaving going north and in a few days they'll do side going south. I just saw they are rerouting traffic in the MFA building/Caribbean PalmVillage traffic light because they are taking out the light and putting in another roundabout. If you have a Facebook account, search for DOW and look at their postings. It seems like a hover craft would be the best way to get around the island.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks robin

there is no road construction going on at...................., fuggedaboutit.........it is most everywhere

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Robin. When I was there, they cut one of the lanes in half while the other side was closed starting at the light where Irausquin meets LG Smith (where you turn to get to the Divi) up to the intersection just after Red Fish. Irausquin was closed one way but I think the southbound side was open. Finding Manchebo was fun!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    If I remember correctly that is so they can begin to make the roundabout that will replace the traffic light.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    Thank you, Robin. When I was there, they cut one of the lanes in half while the other side was closed starting at the light where Irausquin meets LG Smith (where you turn to get to the Divi) up to the intersection just after Red Fish. Irausquin was closed one way but I think the southbound side was open. Finding Manchebo was fun!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I read this earlier today about roundabouts. It would be awful for Aruba if this guy's theory was plausible.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/pennsylv...-weather-2019/

0 0

Post Thanks / Like

0 3