This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please.......Latest update of the Roundabout @ SuperFoods

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Please.......Latest update of the Roundabout @ SuperFoods

Please.......Could anyone provide the latest update of the roundabout @ SuperFoods AND if the road closures/detours in the area are all back to normal?

Am I correct in believing that pedestrian crossing from Tropicana area and that roundabout is not safe?

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to know that, too, since we go next month

Post Thanks / Like
    Here now. Roundabout by Super Food is great and no road closures any more. There is a walkway/lines to cross but it's terrible and I would not use it.
    ~Amy~® -- 37th trip to Aruba: New Year's Eve 2018/2019 -- Napa: March 2019 -- 38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019 -- Boston: July 2019 -- Paris: Sept/Oct 2019

0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you

Glad to hear all is open.

Those pedestrians an a need to take a cab I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    Here now. Roundabout by Super Food is great and no road closures any more. There is a walkway/lines to cross but it's terrible and I would not use it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have they started the work on Irausquin yet?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I was there in August, and will be back in 2 weeks. I thought the round about was great as a pedestrian. It was really easy to walk to Super Foods. You only have to worry about traffic from one direction instead of all of different directions when there were lights. I just wouldn't go at "rush hour".

0 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    The jury is still out on that roundabout for me. It takes getting use to

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    The jury is still out on that roundabout for me. It takes getting use to
    I read somewhere that the crosswalk is in a really bad place as far as where it is located in relation to exiting the roundabout. Have you noticed any issues with that?
    Always planning our next trip
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Tracey, from what i can see, i would not care where the crosswalk is, i would not cross there. Truthfully, I don’t really use it, i go the back way to superfoods from our house

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw a video on FB of people trying to cross at night-almost got hit. When they first said they were going to put a roundabout in, many people on this forum were concerned about people trying to cross to get to and from Superfoods. Personally, I'm going to try to avoid the area. I usually go Superfoods the back way because it is just easier to get in and out of the parking lot.

Engineers and others come up with ideas, but never think about the practical side or ask the people who will be effected by the changes.

0 1