This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traffic Lights

Post Thanks / Like

Traffic Lights

I know I mentioned in my trip report that the lights near the high rise area by the Wendy's (Smith and Rt.3) was not working. It was totally out or blinking-yellow in all directions at times- and they were waiting for parts from Holland. This weekend I heard it was Germany and they were having issues getting the needed parts. There have been quiet a few accidents there as you can imagine. Well, I was down that way today and they have decided on a new way of dealing with the issue: barricades.

1) If you are on Smith you can go straight through. You cannot make a left turn, but you can make right turns.
    2) If you are on 3, you can only go right. You cannot cross Smith.

So, from what I can tell:

1) If you are coming from downtown or from Rt. 3(Linda's, Wacky Wahoo) you have to go down to Palm Beach Mall to make the left to get to the high rise area.

2) I think if you are in the high rise area and you want to go up Rt. 3, to places such as Linda's or Wacky Wahoo, etc. you have to go down to the street that takes you from Irausquin to SuperFoods, double back on Smith and make the right on Rt. 3. Or you can just go to Smith to the roundabout by SuperFoods and go all the way around and double back to make the right.
    Traffic Lights-img_0656-jpg Traffic Lights-img_0654-jpgTraffic Lights-img_0655-jpg

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    All the changes and construction are a few of the reasons I don't drive while on the island. The other big one is I never drink and drive and in Aruba there is MUCH drinking to do, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t drink more than a glass of wine over dinner when I am driving here and even that is rare. Walking and drinking is fine. Drinking at the pool is fine. Drinking in the condo is fine too. The construction and the traffic that goes along with it is crazy this year but not awful. I just learn new routes. I’ve experienced worse. I’m just trying to give people a heads up.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    That light has been blinking since we were there in nov.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the heads up for sure and everyone who drives loves them. I don't drive well at night around here so in Aruba I certainly would not drive. As I grow older I enjoy driving less and less especially if I don't know where I am.

Ps- take a cab when we go out to dinner or I will drink for the two of us. I have about 3 drinks a month here in the states but in Aruba I have 3 with dinner - One as an app, one as main course and one for dessert.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I don’t drink more than a glass of wine over dinner when I am driving here and even that is rare. Walking and drinking is fine. Drinking at the pool is fine. Drinking in the condo is fine too. The construction and the traffic that goes along with it is crazy this year but not awful. I just learn new routes. I’ve experienced worse. I’m just trying to give people a heads up.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 02-14-2019 at 03:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    We've been here since Dec. 27 and it has been either blinking or totally out. I think it was working one night. There have been a lot of bad accidents. A friend of ours in our complex told me last week that he watched a trash truck go full speed through the intersection. Scary for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    That light has been blinking since we were there in nov.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    We've been here since Dec. 27 and it has been either blinking or totally out. I think it was working one night. There have been a lot of bad accidents. A friend of ours in our complex told me last week that he watched a trash truck go full speed through the intersection. Scary for sure.
    Just can’t figure out why it would take so long to get parts for a normal traffic light system,island time i guess
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    They are having difficulty getting the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Just can’t figure out why it would take so long to get parts for a normal traffic light system,island time i guess

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe a roundabout is needed there too?

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe, or new lights. Earlier in the week they had police directing traffic. One of our neighbors said there were several cops working to control traffic.

0 0