This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Meeting the members

Mangel Halto Beach, The Natural Bridge, Zeerover's and the Buvarian(German) restaurant
    Post Thanks / Like

Meeting the members

I'd love to meet even one or two of the members while I'm still here--I've never done that and think in would be most memorable
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    see Amy's post # 3

I was not aware of the time and location change.
    Mea culpa
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-21-2018 at 06:11 PM. Reason: deleted the misinformation as Amy added the correct info on posting 4
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    sometimes there is a group of aruba forum/bulletin board members that meet up for a drink at "Amsterdam Manor" Passions' Beach Bar.
    it is held Monday afternoons at 5 pm.
    drinks are BOGO free.
    sometimes there is no one.
    sometimes there are a few.
    sometimes there are 15 or more.
    The weekly (Mondays at 5pm) bulletin board party at Amsterdam Manor was moved from their beach bar to their upper level pool bar called Horizons as of January 2018. The happy hour at the beach bar is now from 4-5 but the pool bar still does 2 for 1 happy hour from 5-6pm. Great view of the water and sunset from the upper level pool bar, too. https://www.facebook.com/horizonsaruba/
    ~Amy~® -- Napa: March 2019 -- 38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019 -- Boston: July 2019 -- Paris: Sept/Oct 2019 -- 39th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2019 -- 40th trip to Aruba: April/May 2020

0 3

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you Amy for the time and location update
    0 0

Mangel Halto Beach, The Natural Bridge, Zeerover's and the Buvarian(German) restaurant
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right on that sounds like a plan
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Forgive my missing a chance meeting some of you at Amsterdam Manor as we had a full day not to mention it being our last day. We woke and went into downtown for The Pastechi House. Souvenir shopped and road the trolley back to the car. We drove out to the lighthouse again so we could actually ascend to the top and take in a fantastic, windy view of the island. Then we drove down to Arashi Beach(another favorite) and spent the better part of the day there. For dinner we found Papiamento's to be fit for a king. So in all that it slipped my mind to come and link up at "The Manor". I'm keeping hope alive that we'll make it back here one day and do this all again. Those of you traveling to New York do let us know and maybe there'll be time again--this morning we're trying to head back to Zeerover's so whoever is willing it may be our last chance... otherwise, till tomorrow......
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Everybody gets a pass when they're in Aruba. I've missed a bunch of get togethers because of things like the beach getting in the way or forgetting what day it is! There's always next time!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, we all like to get together when possible but sometimes vacation gets into the way, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Everybody gets a pass when they're in Aruba. I've missed a bunch of get togethers because of things like the beach getting in the way or forgetting what day it is! There's always next time!

Post Thanks / Like
    As long as you're having fun/enjoying life....that's all that matters. As said above, everybody gets a pass in Aruba when vacation gets in the way!
    ~Amy~® -- Napa: March 2019 -- 38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019 -- Boston: July 2019 -- Paris: Sept/Oct 2019 -- 39th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2019 -- 40th trip to Aruba: April/May 2020

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Danke danke
    0 0