This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Potential new owner in Aruba

Post Thanks / Like
    Party at Rob's place - time and place to be determined!
    Think you are very wise to wait. Please keep us posted!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    With respect to feedback from schexc, there really is only one unit left (possibly 2) that we are interested in. The others are higher up and significantly more $ which is fine as we want a ground floor walkout.
    Appreciate the update on last you saw with respect to working 7 days a week as they have since we left end of February completed all the windows, and doors so building is now enclosed.
    I am speaking with a notary this week just to get further clarification on wording in contract just to do my due diligence for when we do decide to pull the trigger.
    Our plan is to spend most of next winter in Aruba so it will either be as an owner or a renter if need be. As long as it is safe to travel etc. we will be there....
    And yes, party at our place for those that were so helpful over the past few weeks. (place really TBD)..
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We usually spend Jan.-March in our condo and it is wonderful being there for 3 months.

I know they stopped all construction with Covid19 and hopefully they will be starting back again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    With respect to feedback from schexc, there really is only one unit left (possibly 2) that we are interested in. The others are higher up and significantly more $ which is fine as we want a ground floor walkout.
    Appreciate the update on last you saw with respect to working 7 days a week as they have since we left end of February completed all the windows, and doors so building is now enclosed.
    I am speaking with a notary this week just to get further clarification on wording in contract just to do my due diligence for when we do decide to pull the trigger.
    Our plan is to spend most of next winter in Aruba so it will either be as an owner or a renter if need be. As long as it is safe to travel etc. we will be there....
    And yes, party at our place for those that were so helpful over the past few weeks. (place really TBD)..
    With only one or two units left of interest, I’d be a little more concerned about losing it. I’ve seen builders on the island take a deposit as “reserved”, but that would most likely lock you into a final price.

Certainly a lot of things to consider, at a time when so much is unknown. Hopefully it will all be over soon.
    Last edited by schexc; 05-12-2020 at 09:07 PM.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    3 months in Aruba Robin sounds awesome for sure and Schexc, I hear you on the risk of potentially losing the units we want. The next two weeks should be interesting!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Rob I’m closing on my unit at Azure in the next week or so and the notary that the builder uses is Johnson. When we purchased last May, we had to put down approximately 15%, then the payments were spread out in 4 payments. We did not send the money to the Notary, it went to the builder. We felt comfortable as the Azure builder also built Oceania, tower 1 in Azure and they are building Harbor House downtown. The Notary wants a lot of paperwork, but I found out it’s not them it’s the bank that is getting very picky. We also had to get a tax ID number. That is something new since March 1. The Notary filled out the form for us and translated it as it was in Dutch. All we had to do was sign and return to them. Also, when we got our contract, it was in Dutch also, but they provided and English translation.

when they let us back in I plan to go to decorate etc, to get it ready so I can list it for rentals. I also plan to come down before Christmas And stay for the month of January. I live in Florida, so I don’t need to spend the whole winter. I will be coming down a couple times during the year, usually around now, then in the fall. Maybe we can all meet up in January.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    How exciting for you, Angela!!

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations! Owing is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAngela View Post
    Rob I’m closing on my unit at Azure in the next week or so and the notary that the builder uses is Johnson. When we purchased last May, we had to put down approximately 15%, then the payments were spread out in 4 payments. We did not send the money to the Notary, it went to the builder. We felt comfortable as the Azure builder also built Oceania, tower 1 in Azure and they are building Harbor House downtown. The Notary wants a lot of paperwork, but I found out it’s not them it’s the bank that is getting very picky. We also had to get a tax ID number. That is something new since March 1. The Notary filled out the form for us and translated it as it was in Dutch. All we had to do was sign and return to them. Also, when we got our contract, it was in Dutch also, but they provided and English translation.

when they let us back in I plan to go to decorate etc, to get it ready so I can list it for rentals. I also plan to come down before Christmas And stay for the month of January. I live in Florida, so I don’t need to spend the whole winter. I will be coming down a couple times during the year, usually around now, then in the fall. Maybe we can all meet up in January.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good feedback Angela and congratulations on your purchase! An exciting time for sure...
    I have heard a number of people explain various circumstances on new builds and a few for sure required the funds go to the developer. the developer of O is one of the larger local developers as I understand it. (They did Gold coast) so suspect it may be a similar situation to what you encountered.
    I actually spoke with the owner yesterday and had a good conversation as he walked me through the process. Given they are around 80% complete not overly concerned on completion however is worth understanding the risks as I put it.
    They are also using Johnson as the notary funny enough...
    Here is hoping we are all safe to travel soon and we get back to the new norm soon. It must be comforting for owners to know they have their own places to go once travel opens up and it is less risk from a social distancing perspective so could see more a push towards the rental market vs hotels etc.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you everyone for all the good wishes. Looking forward to meeting some of you next January.
    0 1