This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Potential new owner in Aruba

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    rob how completed is this condo complex at this point?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAngela View Post
    Rob I’m closing on my unit at Azure in the next week or so and the notary that the builder uses is Johnson. When we purchased last May, we had to put down approximately 15%, then the payments were spread out in 4 payments. We did not send the money to the Notary, it went to the builder. We felt comfortable as the Azure builder also built Oceania, tower 1 in Azure and they are building Harbor House downtown. The Notary wants a lot of paperwork, but I found out it’s not them it’s the bank that is getting very picky. We also had to get a tax ID number. That is something new since March 1. The Notary filled out the form for us and translated it as it was in Dutch. All we had to do was sign and return to them. Also, when we got our contract, it was in Dutch also, but they provided and English translation.

when they let us back in I plan to go to decorate etc, to get it ready so I can list it for rentals. I also plan to come down before Christmas And stay for the month of January. I live in Florida, so I don’t need to spend the whole winter. I will be coming down a couple times during the year, usually around now, then in the fall. Maybe we can all meet up in January.
    We were told a number of years ago, then anyone purchasing property is assigned a tax ID number. When we closed and moved the utilities from the builder to our name, we went to the tax office, gave them our address and names, and we received a card with our tax ID numbers.

You also need it if you purchase a car on the island.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAngela View Post
    Rob I’m closing on my unit at Azure in the next week or so and the notary that the builder uses is Johnson. When we purchased last May, we had to put down approximately 15%, then the payments were spread out in 4 payments. We did not send the money to the Notary, it went to the builder. We felt comfortable as the Azure builder also built Oceania, tower 1 in Azure and they are building Harbor House downtown. The Notary wants a lot of paperwork, but I found out it’s not them it’s the bank that is getting very picky. We also had to get a tax ID number. That is something new since March 1. The Notary filled out the form for us and translated it as it was in Dutch. All we had to do was sign and return to them. Also, when we got our contract, it was in Dutch also, but they provided and English translation.

when they let us back in I plan to go to decorate etc, to get it ready so I can list it for rentals. I also plan to come down before Christmas And stay for the month of January. I live in Florida, so I don’t need to spend the whole winter. I will be coming down a couple times during the year, usually around now, then in the fall. Maybe we can all meet up in January.
    Congratulations...!

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I think they call the tax number "people number" or "persons number". Kinda like a SS number.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Andrea,
    In answer to your question, O condo is about 80% complete as of last week. Windows are on site and apparently being installed over the next couple weeks. (TBD).
    They are far enough along that it should be completed I would think albeit delayed. My best guess based on % complete, if they get back to work fully crewed up in next two weeks, (who knows if realistic?), I estimate a 2 month delay on Sept closing.. Again only a guess at this point of course. I do hear great things from the owner and staff about the focus on completing this so that is hopeful.
    So much up in the air at this point of course..

Rob
    1 0