This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Put an offer in

Post Thanks / Like

Put an offer in

Hey Aruba community!

I’ve connected with some on here in the past and I’m looking for guidance again. This week I put an offer in on a home (sabana blanco 136) in Oranjestad. It was listed as 256k and we offered 200k, hoping to bring the price to 220 but we could only get the owner to 240k. She accepted that offer, and it is for 3 dwellings on lease land. In the appraisal it lists asbestos on the roof of one of the dwellings and I’m wondering if this is normal in Aruba or what it might cost to fix? I haven’t put the down payment down and am applying for financing. Wondering everyone’s thoughts and advice in general. I’m from the US but have been planning to settle on Aruba for years now.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't help with the repair issue, but congrats on your purchase.
    I want to grow my own food, but I can't find any bacon seeds...
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully someone with a house can guide you. Have you spoken with your realtor?

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have an attorney? Did you have a condition for a home inspection? Finance Contingency? I hope it all goes smoothly. Good luck.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 09-16-2022 at 11:32 PM.
    Trip 38 booked for Feb! Cant wait.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a little search and this is what I found. Here you go. This was for a spot in the USA but gives you a starting point I guess. Sounds expensive but what do I know.

removing it from a roof or siding could cost up to $150 per square foot.
    Trip 38 booked for Feb! Cant wait.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope all works out for you and your big purchase!!!

Is your purchase contingent of financing and passing inspections?

I have often wondered about the "lease vs property land". Are both treated the same re: financing?
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I would suggest you contact a Notary and meet with him/her. Also have a building inspection done....costs are high everywhere now and remember in Aruba you sometimes have the issue of 'waiting for the container' to arrive. If you are seeking financing here on the island it may not be as easy as you 'think' and it could be more costly. As to settling here....it is not like moving from one US state to another. There is a process involved. In other words...proceed very carefully! Good Luck!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m actually wondering that myself. I’m wondering so much. It feels like Aruba doesn’t do financing how we do in the US and most people buying there are buying with cash and have much more money than me. Apparently my app is in front of a “committee” right now and I should hear in the next couple days.

QUOTE=Andrea J.;395097]I hope all works out for you and your big purchase!!!

Is your purchase contingent of financing and passing inspections?

I have often wondered about the "lease vs property land". Are both treated the same re: financing?[/QUOTE]
    0 0