This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: used cars for sale

Post Thanks / Like

used cars for sale

I will be looking to buy a used car after I close on my Condo next month. Any suggestions on where to look for one?
    Doesn't need to be anything special but, mechanically sound.
    It will be used for maybe 5 months in the winter.
    Thanks, flpctc/Pam

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    you may want to contact

Shexc
    Robin

they both have vehicles that they keep in Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by flpctc View Post
    I will be looking to buy a used car after I close on my Condo next month. Any suggestions on where to look for one?
    Doesn't need to be anything special but, mechanically sound.
    It will be used for maybe 5 months in the winter.
    Thanks, flpctc/Pam

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Check with some of the bartenders/servers. A lot of them leave for the Netherlands all the time and might be getting rid of a car for a good price.
    I want to grow my own food, but I can't find any bacon seeds...
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for those suggestions. I will be asking around when I get down there.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    There is not much of a Used Car Market on the island, as most of them get handed down to family and friends, at least that is what we were told. The car dealer that we purchased from has closed their location. I haven't heard of them still selling cars anywhere on the island yet. It's a question that I would like to get an answer to. Most of the new car dealers have used cars available, but they have few in inventory. Garage Central and Stern Automotive have previously had the largest inventories. There is also an importer named Re Sun Imports, that I just found. They sell vehicles, similar to what we purchased. I'll have to check them out. You can search for all of these easily. Generally, they come with some type of warranty. You could certainly buy from a private owner, as Walt mentioned and save even more, but without warranty.

http://www.redsunimports.com/

https://www.garagecentraal.com/

https://sternusedcars.com/
    Last edited by schexc; 02-03-2022 at 09:30 AM.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all your info. I did look at the sites you mentioned and not much inventory at dealers.
    Red Sun imports looks like it might be a good option, but I see most cars have the steering wheel on the right.
    Not sure if that's a deal breaker or not. I assume it's a little odd but doable.
    Does anyone have a RHD car and if so, would you get another one?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to rent RHD cars when overseas. They take a little getting used to, but it shouldn't be too difficult driving on the right side of the road. The RHD car and driving on the left side requires additional effort. The pedals are the same on any car, so you're not doing the gas with your left foot or anything like that. You do have to shift with your left hand, but an automatic makes that almost a moot point. I certainly wouldn't let a RHD car be a deal breaker in Aruba.
    I want to grow my own food, but I can't find any bacon seeds...
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flpctc View Post
    Thanks for all your info. I did look at the sites you mentioned and not much inventory at dealers.
    Red Sun imports looks like it might be a good option, but I see most cars have the steering wheel on the right.
    Not sure if that's a deal breaker or not. I assume it's a little odd but doable.
    Does anyone have a RHD car and if so, would you get another one?
    We purchased a RHD. No problem driving one. We were really surprised on the condition of them. The dealer we purchased from told us that they are mainly used for transit in between the owner’s garage and the public transportation garage. Very low mileage and in very good condition. Some of them are easier to get parts for and more reliable. We purchased the Nissan March. Not my body style preference, but it does the job.
    Last edited by schexc; 02-04-2022 at 08:28 AM.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you schexc and Walt for the positive feedback. It's so good to get first-hand experience.
    So, one of the cars I was looking at was a 2011 Nissan March and also saw a Honda Fit.
    Both looked good and saw mileage of 60,000KM to 112,000KM.
    Of course, I had to look up the conversion to miles ....much better.
    Sounds like I have a great option now. Thanks so much.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I know there are a "few" speed bumps to drive over so wondering about ground clearance there and or anywhere with the small cars.
    Schexc, you have the Nissan March and that is one of my options. Like you I just need something that does the job, gets us around.
    I'm also looking at a Honda Fit but I don't have any feedback on those vehicles. Does anyone have any experience with that Honda?
    Schexc, I think the March has a bit more ground clearance. Do you have any problems on the Aruba roadways?
    Thanks for all the help
    0 0