This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Abbott Self Test ...Binax Now ..for return to USA (ANTIGEN)

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Abbott Self Test ...Binax Now ..for return to USA (ANTIGEN)

Abbott Self Test ...Binax Now  ..for return to USA (ANTIGEN)-screen-shot-2021-09-25-7-04-49-pm-jpg

Paul and I did a self test today for a trip on Monday.
    It was guided by a proctor on a video call.

It was easy and painless.

The testing kit is under $30 for a 2 pack at Walgreens.
    It works for travel back into the USA.

Have any of you done these self tests for travel back into the USA.

The results were given in less than 15 minutes. Then we got email with lab reports.

If you are in the market for antigen testing why not save some $ and bring an Abbott Binax Now kit to Aruba for your going home testing.
    It is also approved for cruise testing.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea,

There are two versions of this test. The image you have posted is the self administered (non-proctored) version. This one sells for $23 (two tests per box) at many pharmacies.

The proctored version is strangely called the Binax NOW "Home Test". This one comes with one test per box. We purchased ours from e-med at a cost of $150 (or $165 delivered) for six boxes (six test kits). I think it can be purchased from CVS in a two box set foe $70. That's two test kits in total (or one per box).

I've used both.

Used the Home Test version for our return to the US from Aruba earlier this week. Went very smooth. No problems reaching a proctor.

My wife and I did the other version yesterday 3 days after returning from Aruba - just as a self check.

I fully recommend using the Home Test version for return to the US.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the clarification Mike
    We did the proctored.
    We pAid $28 for a 2 pack proctored test from Walgreens.
    The photo I posted was a file photo.
    Our box is in the trash.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting this! I see on the eMed site this message:

"If you are considering this test for international travel, please check first with your airline regarding U.S. re-entry requirements."

Is it safe to assume that US major airlines (United, American and Southwest) are all ok with this test option?

Pictures from our Oct 2021 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZNDCceAbJT5sECfE8

Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes check with your airline and the CDC

It must be the proctored test. 15 min result. Antigen.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I am looking at getting the 6pack of tests so all of us are covered for the return trip. The family that tests together is less stressed together.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Welll, it does not appear I can order the 6pack of tests for 6 people. They recommend two tests per person, so they only let you enter three names on the site to order the kit. Drat. But that is ok, I will head to Walgreens and see if I can find some in person. At least now I know these are good options for the return trip home! Thanks for posting all this Andrea and Mike!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning All! Looking for some clarification on the Binax NOW self-test when leaving Aruba, for entry back in to the US.

How do you register for proctoring? Is it only thru eMed? or is there another lab/company that provides this service?

Are you able to use the 2-pack purchased at Walgreens, CVS, Walmart (who lowered their price to $14 for a 2-pack!)? Or does it have to be purchased specifically thru eMed website (overpriced, IMHO, but still cheaper than antigen/pcr at Aruba labs!)?

Thanks in advance for any info.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not know.
    We did the proctor thru emed and using the NAVICA app.
    But the app was kind of useless.

I got an email from Florida dept of health that they added our Sept 25 antigen test to our health record.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as I know (and I have used this test), the two-pack kits for $20 or less are "not" proctored. The proctored ones come one to a box. We bought ours from emed. Dix pack for $150. Worked well. NO issues getting a proctor and the app worked just fine.

To Phrogg108, while they recommend having two tests per person in the event there is a problem, I see no issue with your buying a six pack and using them for six different people. You just need to add the other people in the Navicca app. No limitation on the emed site when I purchased my kits.
    0 1