This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: April 30 - May 6, 2022

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

April 30 - May 6, 2022

218 Residents +

125 Non Residents +

April 30 - May 6, 2022-screen-shot-2022-05-06-5-59-56-pm-jpg
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    3 0

Post Thanks / Like
    What the hell is going on?
    This is crazy!!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    well, the spike IMO is a result of holidays.
    Easter was 2 weeks ago and tons of family and social gatherings
    this past Monday was a holiday Labor Day.

tourists as well as others are acting kind of like covid does not exist.

my husband and I tested today at our local health dept, because we have a cruise on Monday.
    there were probably 40 ahead of us in line.
    we wore masks.

here is the link to a thread (last week)

April 23-April 29, 2022

...read Arawak's posting. I agree 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmy1956 View Post
    What the hell is going on?
    This is crazy!!
    2 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! Have a wonderful cruise!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a great cruise. Unfortunately, think Covid is now a fact of life. Wife and I fully vaccinated and double boosted- still both just tested positive. We were still cautious, masking in stores, no inside dining, etc. Still!! Area we live in just raised level from low to medium due to increased cases. Not raised to high because hospitalizations although rising have not reached threshold. Our symptoms pretty mild, sore throat and fatigue and body aches for 2-3 days. Maybe being double boosted helped. Starting to feel better. On antiviral meds because of age and diabetes. Granddaughter got it about 1 month ago. Plays sports, found out later that several teammates on bus thought they had colds, were coughing and found out later they were positive. Granddaughter was masked on bus but…. She was sick for about a week. She had been fully vaccinated. Again - fact of life.
    1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you and feel better soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis J View Post
    Have a great cruise. Unfortunately, think Covid is now a fact of life. Wife and I fully vaccinated and double boosted- still both just tested positive. We were still cautious, masking in stores, no inside dining, etc. Still!! Area we live in just raised level from low to medium due to increased cases. Not raised to high because hospitalizations although rising have not reached threshold. Our symptoms pretty mild, sore throat and fatigue and body aches for 2-3 days. Maybe being double boosted helped. Starting to feel better. On antiviral meds because of age and diabetes. Granddaughter got it about 1 month ago. Plays sports, found out later that several teammates on bus thought they had colds, were coughing and found out later they were positive. Granddaughter was masked on bus but…. She was sick for about a week. She had been fully vaccinated. Again - fact of life.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately stories like this make you wonder about the effectiveness of masks or even the vaccines. Dennis, sorry this has happened to you. I hope you and your family get well soon. I agree it's a fact of life and here to stay.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife and I were just discussing the effectiveness of the "vaccine." We are both vaccinated and boosted. The dictionary definition of vaccine says that you will be immune from the disease the vaccine is targeting. I am sorry that Dennis and many others still got Covid. It's very perplexing.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    hope you and your wife are feeling better. So sorry this happened to you and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Covid is hitting all around me- my lovely wife texted me yesterday morning when I was at work to let me know she had tested positive to a home test as she was not feeling great. Later that day the PCR test a friend stopped by to give her (she runs a lab) and she tested positive there as well. I coach a total of 17 boys between the 2 tennis squads and 3 of them have it or just recovered.

My wife has a scratchy throat and is real tired but other than that she feels okay- thankfully. The rest of us keep testing and we have been negative daily and hope to keep it that way.
    Just Booked trip 36- Trip report starting in June.

0 0