This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aruba ED Card

Post Thanks / Like

Aruba ED Card

I'm not sure yet if I will make my September trip to Aruba but I took the steps to fill out the ED Card just in case. I received an auto email about new requirements due to pandemic and that they would email me 72 hours prior to the flight.

My flight is for Sunday September 20th a 8:45am. If I understood the requirements, I would have to take the COVID Rapid nasal swap Test by Thursday Sep 17th 8:45am or earlier lets say 8am and would need results by Sat Sep 19th to send to them by 8:45pm. Also I should down load an Aruba App I don't remember the name.

I think to play it safe perhaps I should find a place that can promise results within 48 hours to give me that 12-24 windows to upload to Aruba App.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    No earlier than 8:45AM on Thursday - it has to be taken within 72 hours of your flight time (assuming you are on a direct flight and Sunday at 8:45AM is the correct time for the leg that will land in Aruba)
    Loving Aruba from NJ
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I'm not sure yet if I will make my September trip to Aruba but I took the steps to fill out the ED Card just in case. I received an auto email about new requirements due to pandemic and that they would email me 72 hours prior to the flight.

My flight is for Sunday September 20th a 8:45am. If I understood the requirements, I would have to take the COVID Rapid nasal swap Test by Thursday Sep 17th 8:45am or earlier lets say 8am and would need results by Sat Sep 19th to send to them by 8:45pm. Also I should down load an Aruba App I don't remember the name.

I think to play it safe perhaps I should find a place that can promise results within 48 hours to give me that 12-24 windows to upload to Aruba App.
    Leaving for Aruba on a Sunday is a problem unless you are getting the rapid molecular test. Our trip was scheduled for Sunday September 13 and we changed it to Saturday the 12th For the following reason. I found a place to do PCR nasal swab to get results within 48 hours. If we got tested on Thursday the results would not come back until Saturday BUT labs are not open on Sunday so the facility told me it would be better to have an extra working day. That’s why we changed flight to Saturday. I’ve since canceled the trip because of the spike but keep this in mind. Very few facilities are open on SaturdayS to receive results.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a feeling Sunday departure would be problematic since 48 hours is the very minimum and taking the test on a Thursday, results available on Sat but labs closed Sat & Sun. What a mess! If I take the test on Wednesday I would have the results by Friday but Wednesday would probably be too early. Maybe the only option is to take test when I land and being it's September, a Sunday the airport hopefully won't be too crowded. I leave at 845am but land at 1:05pm.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    remember too ace.................NY is not considered one of the "hot states" and you could test upon arrival in Aruba.
    you'd have to self quarantine til you got your results, which for most are coming within 6 or 7 hours of late.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a feeling Sunday departure would be problematic since 48 hours is the very minimum and taking the test on a Thursday, results available on Sat but labs closed Sat & Sun. What a mess! If I take the test on Wednesday I would have the results by Friday but Wednesday would probably be too early. Maybe the only option is to take test when I land and being it's September, a Sunday the airport hopefully won't be too crowded. I leave at 845am but land at 1:05pm.
    Yes Wednesday is too early. For me, I only wanted to test at home. Don’t want to be quarantined on vacation and God forbid I am asymptotic I’d rather know in the states.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Well if insurance covers it in your home state, you can test at home a few days before flight to be sure and then decide to go and test when you land. I forgot to ask my insurance if they cover it but I assume they do. I enrolled in a program where my insurance has been calling me once a week to find out if I have any symptoms, have been social distancing etc. It last for 10 weeks the weekly calls. Getting annoying now that it's been week 6 or 7 but better safe than sorry.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    No earlier than 8:45 but later is ok
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Ace,
    Like some says get a test and re test in Aruba
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

Riverside medical group in Seacaucus Is where we are scheduled for late Sept. They should have the rapid test at that time (Hopefully)
    0 0