This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: August 13

  1. #11
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    36,931
    Post Thanks / Like
    and there are still people, even educated people that say things like.............."it is just the flu."

    Quote Originally Posted by cmynes View Post
    it is insane that from August 3rd to August 13th they went from 12 active cases to 776 active cases - in10 days!



    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0
     

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    and there are still people, even educated people that say things like.............."it is just the flu."
    Exactly!!!!! How could they say that! I have people in my own family who say that. My heart aches for the people in Aruba. For those who had trips coming up very soon this will hurt their tourism. I know many who were scheduled and canceled. I am scheduled to leave in 4 weeks. I will reschedule for April but don’t want to go now during this major spread. We are at compromised ages and we love to go to all the restaurants etc. and enjoy ourselves without worry. I love Aruba so this is so hard. Hopefully you are going after September!
    0 0
     

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    103
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cmynes View Post
    it is insane that from August 3rd to August 13th they went from 12 active cases to 776 active cases - in10 days!
    That’s how fast this virus spreads. It’s been reported that 60% of the positive cases were people who were asymptomatic. So many people didn’t know that they were spreading it.
    0 0
     

  4. #14
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    1,974
    Post Thanks / Like
    More and more each day Doctor's are learning a lot more about this virus. I read an article the other day from a doctor who had patients that were positive but Asymptomatic. He ran some tests, blood work on some of these patients and even though they never had symptoms, the virus did cause some damage to their system like some scar tissue in lungs and other organs. So the best bet is not to get the virus at all.




    0 0
     

  5. #15
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMtl View Post
    The person, a 75 year old man, was admitted for a serious unrelated issue but was diagnosed as positive for covid at the hospital.
    Although his death involved something other than covid he was nevertheless classified as a covid death as per international epidemiology standards.

    It seems that three other covid positive patients remain hospitalized.

  6. #16
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cmynes View Post
    it is insane that from August 3rd to August 13th they went from 12 active cases to 776 active cases - in10 days!
    People don't get that it is highly contagious and all it takes is ONE person to spread it especially in a large group where people are close together and because it is loud probably shouting. Remember, it is believed to have started with one person in China. It's like a snowball rolling downhill, just getting bigger as it goes. People are either ignorant, don't believe, don't care, doesn't think it will effect them or whatever, so more and more people keep getting infected.

  7. #17
    Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ohh how much I enjoy these people NOT.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    and there are still people, even educated people that say things like.............."it is just the flu."


    0 0
     

  8. #18
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    Ohh how much I enjoy these people NOT.
    and those who walk around with their noses hanging out. Drives me insane.

  9. #19
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    1,974
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    People don't get that it is highly contagious and all it takes is ONE person to spread it especially in a large group where people are close together and because it is loud probably shouting. Remember, it is believed to have started with one person in China. It's like a snowball rolling downhill, just getting bigger as it goes. People are either ignorant, don't believe, don't care, doesn't think it will effect them or whatever, so more and more people keep getting infected.
    I agree.. You know the other day a past coworker sends a get together invite to me and a bunch of friends former coworkers of my company. I still work for the company but about 2 dozen people she invited no longer work. So she planned this get together at the location where our office used to be when they were all working for the company. It is now a W Hotel and they have bar service outside seating. Her invite caption started off with, lets forget about the virus and unwind by having a former employee reunion and relax. I'm like, "Forget about the virus?" By have a social gathering! I didn't say anything as it's not worth getting into a debate I'm just not replying whether I'm going or not but not going. However, someone did raise concerned if it was wise to have such a large gathering during these times. She just said, it's safe we will be outside and mask are required. SMH...To each their own but know the risk that if someone in that group is positive but asymptomatic, they can infect you and get you sick or you infect someone else that gets sick or die. They just don't get it...




    0 0
     

  10. #20
    Senior Member LisaGrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    827
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, they get it...they just don't care about your life or mine.

    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I agree.. You know the other day a past coworker sends a get together invite to me and a bunch of friends former coworkers of my company. I still work for the company but about 2 dozen people she invited no longer work. So she planned this get together at the location where our office used to be when they were all working for the company. It is now a W Hotel and they have bar service outside seating. Her invite caption started off with, lets forget about the virus and unwind by having a former employee reunion and relax. I'm like, "Forget about the virus?" By have a social gathering! I didn't say anything as it's not worth getting into a debate I'm just not replying whether I'm going or not but not going. However, someone did raise concerned if it was wise to have such a large gathering during these times. She just said, it's safe we will be outside and mask are required. SMH...To each their own but know the risk that if someone in that group is positive but asymptomatic, they can infect you and get you sick or you infect someone else that gets sick or die. They just don't get it...
    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •