This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canadians heading to Aruba-Covid Test

Post Thanks / Like

Canadians heading to Aruba-Covid Test

I would like to know from any canucks heading to Aruba where they would go to get a Covid test and result in the 72 hour window. We are going in November. Trying to get a feel for what to expect. I’ve inquired with our London Middlesex health unit and they said it could be up to 5 days. This was about a month ago. Hoping by the time November comes around things will be different.
    Rick
    0 0

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Rick,

We live in Winnipeg and going to Aruba involves an o/night in Toronto each way. We were booked to go to Aruba in October, Thanksgiving weekend.

I don't think we can get a COVID-19 test and get the results back in time, within the 72-hour time limit, prior to our departure to Toronto. We didn't want to take the test upon arrival in Aruba, and have to wait for results and possible quarantine, so we just cancelled and we'll hope for next year.

Our best hope is for a vaccine and documentation to prove that we have taken it. By next year, hopefully.

Glenn
    Winnipeg, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by LK1 View Post
    I would like to know from any canucks heading to Aruba where they would go to get a Covid test and result in the 72 hour window. We are going in November. Trying to get a feel for what to expect. I’ve inquired with our London Middlesex health unit and they said it could be up to 5 days. This was about a month ago. Hoping by the time November comes around things will be different.
    Rick
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LK1 View Post
    Rick
    Hello,

My sister had a Covid test done at Emergency on a Friday (at Cambridge Memorial) and the test results were available, on-line, within the 72 hours. (She did not have Covid symptoms, but they did test as a precautionary measure. She had bad neck pain and was released in 2 hours.) Not sure if the test came back so quickly because it was done in Emerg?

We are heading to Aruba in January and thinking (if OHIP will cover) to go to a few locations and get testing done and hope that 1 of the test results comes back in time.

However, great news. Rapid PCR testing will soon be available but not sure if we will have access. I may phone this company directly to see where the testing is available in our area (Toronto).
    Health Canada approves rapid COVID-19 test developed by Guelph company
    https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/health-...pany-1.5019377

Here is the link to current testing locations in Ontario. Hope this helps.
    https://covid-19.ontario.ca/assessme...tre-locations/
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The time you get your result depends on volume of tests, so it will be fluctuating. Had a test last Monday (thanks god it was negative), the result came in 27H - they advised it would be 2-4 days. Take the test - its free- it you don't get results on time, you can always do it at the airport.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaGal View Post
    Hello,

My sister had a Covid test done at Emergency on a Friday (at Cambridge Memorial) and the test results were available, on-line, within the 72 hours. (She did not have Covid symptoms, but they did test as a precautionary measure. She had bad neck pain and was released in 2 hours.) Not sure if the test came back so quickly because it was done in Emerg?

We are heading to Aruba in January and thinking (if OHIP will cover) to go to a few locations and get testing done and hope that 1 of the test results comes back in time.

However, great news. Rapid PCR testing will soon be available but not sure if we will have access. I may phone this company directly to see where the testing is available in our area (Toronto).
    Health Canada approves rapid COVID-19 test developed by Guelph company
    https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/health-...pany-1.5019377

Here is the link to current testing locations in Ontario. Hope this helps.
    https://covid-19.ontario.ca/assessme...tre-locations/
    Are you in the Kitchener/Waterloo area? We go up there to visit my husband's sister.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gortvaan View Post
    The time you get your result depends on volume of tests, so it will be fluctuating. Had a test last Monday (thanks god it was negative), the result came in 27H - they advised it would be 2-4 days. Take the test - its free- it you don't get results on time, you can always do it at the airport.
    What part of the country you from gortvaan? Im in London Ontario.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed Air Canada is now pending. I guess the first flight was July 18. They now join sunwing. We fly WestJet in November. I wonder if the cancelled flights have anything to do with the border being closed for another 30 days.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, we live in Rockwood. My sister lives in Cambridge. If I get any info on the rapid testing, I will post. Have a great day! CanadaGal

QUOTE=robin;362246]Are you in the Kitchener/Waterloo area? We go up there to visit my husband's sister.[/QUOTE]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everybody,

We live in King City (just north of Toronto, York Region). Yeh, AC now cancelled two of our flights, we are now on Aug. 1 (the first newly scheduled flight) but I am no longer optimistic. I believe the issue is that they do not have enough passengers. WJ and Sunwing are no longer selling August.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I think one of the biggest issues/deterrents for Canadians travelling to Aruba is the 14 quarantine period required upon arrival home. We would seriously consider flying to Aruba this summer if it were not for the quarantine. Hopefully, Air Canada will have enough passengers to fly to Aruba in August.

Quote Originally Posted by gortvaan View Post
    Hi everybody,

We live in King City (just north of Toronto, York Region). Yeh, AC now cancelled two of our flights, we are now on Aug. 1 (the first newly scheduled flight) but I am no longer optimistic. I believe the issue is that they do not have enough passengers. WJ and Sunwing are no longer selling August.
    0 0