This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Canadians heading to Aruba-Covid Test

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    62
    Post Thanks / Like
    My wife and I are leaning towards cancelling for the second time. In March it was made for us and for November it is our choice right now unless the decision is made for us. Just to many variables to consider between testing and quarantining when we get home. It feels like 2020 is a right off.
    0 0
     

  2. #12
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    6,567
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LK1 View Post
    My wife and I are leaning towards cancelling for the second time. In March it was made for us and for November it is our choice right now unless the decision is made for us. Just to many variables to consider between testing and quarantining when we get home. It feels like 2020 is a right off.
    Sorry to hear that you are leaning towards canceling. Like you, our May trip was decided for us and we chose to cancel our November trip. I’m glad we cancelled as we’re not stressing about it now. I would love to be there but we’ll plan for next year.

    0 0
     

  3. #13
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    37,111
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that I would rather be in the position where it is cancelled for us.............we have a nov 26 trip planned. we have already paid $$ for our unit at lacabana for the 2 weeks. we owe $1000. the man we are renting from will not let us know about any kind of a refund if aruba decides to
    1) shut down again
    2) keep Floridians out

    so we are still sitting on the fence.
    I hate owing this guy $$, but I hate not knowing what he will do with our money if 1 or 2 happen.


    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0
     

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    62
    Post Thanks / Like
    So the understanding is Air Canada is scheduled to fly to Aruba August 1 and WestJet on the 8th. Is there any fellow Canucks booked on those flights or is it cancelled.
    0 0
     

  5. #15
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    37,111
    Post Thanks / Like
    are ANY Canadian airlines flying into aruba at this point?

    Quote Originally Posted by LK1 View Post
    So the understanding is Air Canada is scheduled to fly to Aruba August 1 and WestJet on the 8th. Is there any fellow Canucks booked on those flights or is it cancelled.


    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0
     

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    62
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    are ANY Canadian airlines flying into aruba at this point?
    Air Canada had a flight scheduled July 18th. Didn’t happen. The other two airlines WestJet is set for August 8 and sunwing is pending.
    0 0
     

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like
    As of this afternoon the August 1 AC flight has not been cancelled, hopefully will stay this way. We are on this flight, there are 59 seat occupies as of this time. WestJet is not going on August 8, they stopped selling August at least 3 weeks ago, they are now selling tickets for September. Aruban airport site is not up to date.
    1 0
     

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    62
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gortvaan View Post
    As of this afternoon the August 1 AC flight has not been cancelled, hopefully will stay this way. We are on this flight, there are 59 seat occupies as of this time. WestJet is not going on August 8, they stopped selling August at least 3 weeks ago, they are now selling tickets for September. Aruban airport site is not up to date.
    I hope you get to go. But if they only have 59 seats occupied you have to wonder..When will they let you know if it’s not happening?
    0 0
     

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like
    With only 3 days to go, I really hope they will not cancel this time. The previous 2 times they cancelled 10-15 day before the flight. Already registered with Aruba ED Card, we are going to take the test tomorrow.
    0 0
     

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really hope the flight stays on schedule for you. May I ask where you are getting your PCR test done with such a quick turnaround? We live in the Milton area. Hoping we can get tested here rather than Aruba. Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by gortvaan View Post
    With only 3 days to go, I really hope they will not cancel this time. The previous 2 times they cancelled 10-15 day before the flight. Already registered with Aruba ED Card, we are going to take the test tomorrow.
    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •