This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: CDC travel recommendations updates

Post Thanks / Like

CDC travel recommendations updates

New levels for countries just came out. Aruba sadly changed to Unknown.

Bonaire Level 3 and Curaçao Level 2 as a comparison.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I just saw that this morning Is the gray "Level Unknown" a new level? It appears to be the same as level 4. With active cases down to single digits and below 50, I would have thought the island would be lowered to level 2 or 1. We just got back a few days ago, and are going back in August. Friends are supposed to join us. They were waiting for the travel recommendations to be lowered, so I was really excited when I heard the news that there were updates. Only to be disappointed to find out the reality. They just told me that they will not join us (for now) until it changes/lowers. They are vaccinated, but they have children under 12 who are not, and are not comfortable with the "unknown" factor.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    having unvaccinated children makes the decision more complicated.
    our son and dil and grandsons are visiting soon.
    the boys are ages 5 and 6 and of curse unvaccinated.
    there will be no indoor restaurant dining for us as a group.

re the "unknown" CDC category.
    is it a promotion UP from the level it was a week or more ago?

aruba is doing a fantastic job of transparency and keeping people informed.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems odd that they would be "unknown" with such few cases and one of the highest vaccination rates in the world-ahead of Curacao. CDC travel recommendations updates-screen-shot-2021-06-09-8-36-12-am-jpg

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I may be wrong but believe Aruba was a level 4. I see this as a lateral move at best.

Found this on CDC webpage. Disappointed if Aruba isn't sharing certain metrics.

CDC uses COVID-19 data reported by the World Health Organization and other official sources to make determinations about THN levels. If a destination does not provide data, their THN level is designated as “unknown” and travelers are advised to follow THN Level 4 recommendations.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning Andrea! I agree 100% with you that Aruba is doing a fantastic job - being there just last week felt like a bit more of a return to normal than it does here at home! I commend Aruba for the way in which they have handled things over the last 15 months, and their transparency has been top-notch. This was my 3rd trip since October 2020, and 2 more coming up in August and December (we really need to look into buying a condo, lol)!

My "beef" is with the CDC and their classification system. "Unknown" doesn't make a new traveler to Aruba (our friends) feel anymore comfortable than a Level 4. the verbiage is exactly the same: "Avoid travel to these destinations. If you must travel to these destinations, make sure you are fully vaccinated before travel"

After reviewing the list again, it's interesting to see the US Virgin Islands are also on the "Unknown" list. This list will update again at some point, and maybe our friends will feel more comfortable at that point. Time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    having unvaccinated children makes the decision more complicated.
    our son and dil and grandsons are visiting soon.
    the boys are ages 5 and 6 and of curse unvaccinated.
    there will be no indoor restaurant dining for us as a group.

re the "unknown" CDC category.
    is it a promotion UP from the level it was a week or more ago?

aruba is doing a fantastic job of transparency and keeping people informed.
    Last edited by mlrhoxie; 06-22-2021 at 09:20 AM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Just saw Aruba is now a Level 3 on CDC website. I personally like that better than unknown.
    0 0