This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: Concerns about hot state elimination

Post Thanks / Like

Concerns about hot state elimination

I am 25 days from departure.

But I am still up in the air about going. The fact that Aruba *isn't* requiring tests from hotspot states, which include my own, makes me nervous. It means I could very well be flying with someone who is positive. Especially as cases are skyrocketing here. And then, there's the fear that they could abruptly close down borders and I would have to cut my vacation short or end up stranded. (I may bring my work computer just in case, with my boss's permission.)
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    there may be a misunderstanding.
    Aruba requires a test for ALL tourists from USA, no matter the state.

masks are required for all.

I believe that you are as safe from covid on the plane as you are anywhere that requires a mask...maybe more.

You can now test ONLY in Aruba or ONLY in USA or both.
    It is up to you.
    If you test in USA it still HAS to be a molecular PCR test and travel to Aruba must be within 72 of taking the test.
    If you test in Aruba you MUST quarantine til the results come in within 4 - 12 hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by ideastowords View Post
    I am 25 days from departure.

But I am still up in the air about going. The fact that Aruba *isn't* requiring tests from hotspot states, which include my own, makes me nervous. It means I could very well be flying with someone who is positive. Especially as cases are skyrocketing here. And then, there's the fear that they could abruptly close down borders and I would have to cut my vacation short or end up stranded. (I may bring my work computer just in case, with my boss's permission.)

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Ideastowords. I see your point. If someone wants to wait until they get to Aruba and test, there is a possibility that they could be sitting beside you on the plane and they could be possitive. Thats a tough call. Good luck to you.
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent-ArubaBob View Post
    Ideastowords. I see your point. If someone wants to wait until they get to Aruba and test, there is a possibility that they could be sitting beside you on the plane and they could be possitive. Thats a tough call. Good luck to you.
    In reality, even if someone tests negative in the US, it does not necessarily mean they are negative when they are sitting next to you on the plane. They could contract Covid after being tested or test negative when they are actually positive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent points, everyone. I appreciate your feedback.
    0 0

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I recently flew (domestically) on flights longer than it takes me to get to Aruba. I felt completely safe on the plane. Everyone was masked (some ALSO wore face shields). The flight attendants and the pilot made sure to remind folks to keep their masks ON when not eating or drinking. People were really good about following that. All that to say and agree that as long as we are masked up, no need to worry about the flight too much.

0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    the first few posts on this thread were originally in the "countdown" thread.
    since it was off topic of countdown, I moved it to its own thread.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I felt more safe with the idea of flying when I knew majority of people would be tested before departing for Aruba; I know the airlines are taking precautions. But, I too would be concerned sitting next to someone who has COVID if they decide not to go through the red tape to test at home. It is what you are comfortable with. Everyone is different.
    0 0