This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: covid Isolation locations

  1. #1
    Senior Member almaringola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    158
    Post Thanks / Like

    covid Isolation locations

    Hello everybody, I read on another site that the government ran out of housing for positive results and people are currently staying in their resorts , can anyone confirm this ?
    0 0
     

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's what I am seeing over on TA, and there are a number of first hand reports of this happening.

    Don't know how this works out financially, since the health insurance purchased upon entry is not likely to cover the daily cost of many/most hotels on the island. Having said that, I guess it is better to isolate at a place you know than to get taken somewhere else you might be less comfortable with/at.
    0 0
     

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Every single spot on island
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like
    The way I understand it is, yes they are running out of or have run out of their covid isolation accommodation inventory (so to speak). They are having guests isolate in their hotel rooms and either negotiating with the hotel or finding another rental type room/home that will work with the visitors insurance. I'm also reading that since Aruba has now changed their isolation guidelines to be in line with the U.S., that the insurance is now only covering you for 5 days if you are asymptomatic. This is causing quite the issue with the airlines.

    My biggest recommendation is to make sure you have travel insurance that can help with any additional costs, including the cost of food should you have to isolate. Travel insurance should always be purchased, but especially now in the time of Covid.
    0 0
     

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    686
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very challenging to allow folks to stay in their hotel rooms. Most of us would do the right thing and isolate but if those rooms are not monitored by security 24/7 you can bet some people will break the rules and leave their rooms especially if they are asymptomatic. What a mess that would be for spreading the virus even more. I hope this does not happen.
    0 0
     

  5. #5
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    41,384
    Post Thanks / Like
    the ATA has said this re: this situation

    The local authorities will continue to work to manage the situations that require quarantine or isolation and remain committed to the safety and well-being of all our visitors. We are hopeful the impact on travelers is minor and will continue to adapt and advise on procedures as the situation changes.

    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0
     

  6. #6
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    6,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Colette M View Post
    Very challenging to allow folks to stay in their hotel rooms. Most of us would do the right thing and isolate but if those rooms are not monitored by security 24/7 you can bet some people will break the rules and leave their rooms especially if they are asymptomatic. What a mess that would be for spreading the virus even more. I hope this does not happen.
    Not sure about Aruba, but in other countries your room is monitored electronically via the room door. If you go out and try to get back in, the key card won't work. They then know you left your room, and the authorities are notified. The next room you stay in is quite a bit less comfortable and is surrounded by iron bars.
    0 6
     

  7. #7
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    2,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by waltvb View Post
    not sure about aruba, but in other countries your room is monitored electronically via the room door. If you go out and try to get back in, the key card won't work. They then know you left your room, and the authorities are notified. The next room you stay in is quite a bit less comfortable and is surrounded by iron bars.
    lmao..
    0 1
     

  8. #8
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    6,374
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Not sure about Aruba, but in other countries your room is monitored electronically via the room door. If you go out and try to get back in, the key card won't work. They then know you left your room, and the authorities are notified. The next room you stay in is quite a bit less comfortable and is surrounded by iron bars.
    .....and the balcony/patio....? Just askin'....!
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the best of men!
    0 0
     

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    686
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by waltvb View Post
    not sure about aruba, but in other countries your room is monitored electronically via the room door. If you go out and try to get back in, the key card won't work. They then know you left your room, and the authorities are notified. The next room you stay in is quite a bit less comfortable and is surrounded by iron bars.
    ​lol!!!
    0 0
     

  10. #10
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    6,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    .....and the balcony/patio....? Just askin'....!
    I'll never know
    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •