This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covid Positive.....Your experiences

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Covid Positive.....Your experiences

Just wondering ... those who have been diagnosed as positive while in Aruba....whether asymptomatic or with symptoms, what were your experiences? lodging? food? boredom? concierge? and whatever else you'd care to write about.

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I've often wondered why no one has posed this question before? I thought there was an unwritten/written rule that said it was a no no, but then I see an article about in the Aruba Today.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had originally thought "unwritten rule too"........but I have seen numerous recaps of experiences, but none posted here.

It is not like disclosing they had/have something embarrassing or confidential, right?

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    I've often wondered why no one has posed this question before? I thought there was an unwritten/written rule that said it was a no no, but then I see an article about in the Aruba Today.

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Here was my experience. Tested Poss flying into Aruba airport. Since I am a Residences, they told me to isolate for 5 days. I have all 3 shots and felt just a very light head cold for 4 days. After 5 days of quarentine, I was free to go, because I had no symptoms. But during the whole process, I never received a call, or e-mail. When you test poss, they send you 2 attachments of what you can do or what you can't do. I was shocked that nobody even contacted me. They said you can go into your gardens or patios and since I was by myself, I just went out and waxed my motorcycles and UTV's. My Toys!! Then I got my year end taxes done. In 7 days, I tested neg on a Antigen test and I flew to Bonaire to dive! Easy Peasy!!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    An interesting experience happened with me when we were in Aruba Feb of 2021. Back then, it was very quiet on the island with all the travel restrictions that were in place. Basically, our vacation was simple and redundant.....beach time during the day (beaches were quiet), afternoon happy hour poolside back at our private villa and then dinner at a restaurant or we cooked up something at the villa. And back then, restaurants had more stricter policies and protocols with regards to table locations and # of dinners. It was a great time and all was good.

We were scheduled to fly back home to the US on Saturday and took our COVID PCR tests on the prior Thurs morning. Got our results emailed back early Friday AM.....my better half was negative, I was positive. We were both shocked to see, as I felt just fine and we both were so careful about what we did and where we went during our trip. Just to confirm things, before making any needed trip changes associated with a quarantine in Aruba (flights, car rental, work schedule, etc), I immediately went back to a site for another test late Friday morning. The results came back Sat morning as being negative. This was a huge sigh of relief.

Upon coming back home, we both took another test just to be certain. We were both negative. So, in my particular case, it was a good thing I went back for another immediate test (the extra test cost was well worth it in this case) as I somehow produced a "false positive" from my Thursday test. It also made me begin to wonder the accuracies all these tests that are conducted and processed (whether you are at home or somewhere else). Out of the tens or hundreds of thousands of legitimate PCR tests being processed daily, how many errors are being made?

Unless you are feeling ill or have symptoms, I suggest getting another immediate PCR test completed if you test positive and are asymptomatic. Best to validate and vett things before being labeled as positive or contagious......not to mention avoiding the implementation of a quarantine schedule.
    4 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Great info. Hoping to hear from more.
    Just Booked trip 36- Trip report starting in June.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Great information. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by 55greenchevy View Post
    An interesting experience happened with me when we were in Aruba Feb of 2021. Back then, it was very quiet on the island with all the travel restrictions that were in place. Basically, our vacation was simple and redundant.....beach time during the day (beaches were quiet), afternoon happy hour poolside back at our private villa and then dinner at a restaurant or we cooked up something at the villa. And back then, restaurants had more stricter policies and protocols with regards to table locations and # of dinners. It was a great time and all was good.

We were scheduled to fly back home to the US on Saturday and took our COVID PCR tests on the prior Thurs morning. Got our results emailed back early Friday AM.....my better half was negative, I was positive. We were both shocked to see, as I felt just fine and we both were so careful about what we did and where we went during our trip. Just to confirm things, before making any needed trip changes associated with a quarantine in Aruba (flights, car rental, work schedule, etc), I immediately went back to a site for another test late Friday morning. The results came back Sat morning as being negative. This was a huge sigh of relief.

Upon coming back home, we both took another test just to be certain. We were both negative. So, in my particular case, it was a good thing I went back for another immediate test (the extra test cost was well worth it in this case) as I somehow produced a "false positive" from my Thursday test. It also made me begin to wonder the accuracies all these tests that are conducted and processed (whether you are at home or somewhere else). Out of the tens or hundreds of thousands of legitimate PCR tests being processed daily, how many errors are being made?

Unless you are feeling ill or have symptoms, I suggest getting another immediate PCR test completed if you test positive and are asymptomatic. Best to validate and vett things before being labeled as positive or contagious......not to mention avoiding the implementation of a quarantine schedule.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Great info. Hoping to hear from more.
    Yes Jay you are right. Hoping everyone posts their experience if they test positive!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm interested to hear as well. What was the quarantine length of stay? Is it the 5 day or 10 day?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for sharing your experience it sgreatly appeciated!

Quote Originally Posted by 55greenchevy View Post

0 0