This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Covid vaccination

Post Thanks / Like

Covid vaccination

Does anyone know why there are very less Covid vaccinations in the last weeks?
    Its about only 100 per day.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vac...ns?country=ABW

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I am guessing like here anyone who wanted one could have got it by now. Only a guess....but I think its accurate.
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking at other countries on that chart link, it seems like even countries with total access to the vaccine are leveling off in the 60% range. I'm not sure if anywhere will get to 85% vaccination rates without some type of motivation (money, freedom, etc). Its surprising.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sandy View Post
    Looking at other countries on that chart link, it seems like even countries with total access to the vaccine are leveling off in the 60% range. I'm not sure if anywhere will get to 85% vaccination rates without some type of motivation (money, freedom, etc). Its surprising.
    I agree. We were vaccinated early on. The sense of freedom after getting our second dose was such a relief!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I think there are several reasons why vaccinations are leveling off:

1. Everyone who wanted one has received their vaccine.
    2. There is a large anti-vax movement-why, I am not sure.
    3. There are those who are waiting for the vaccine to go from emergency use to full approval. They don't believe it is safe due to lack of testing.
    4. There are those waiting to see what happens to the rest of us who had the vaccine.
    5. There are those who think it is political or it is not real.
    6. There are those who think prayer will keep them from getting it or it is G-d's will.
    7. There are those who had it and don't think they need the vaccine.
    8. There is a lot of misunderstanding of how the vaccine works, the ingredients and how long the technology has been studied. Lots of ignorance and misinformation.
    9. Some cite religious reasons based on the misunderstanding of the ingredients.
    10. There are those who figure if everyone else gets it, then they are protected.
    11. There are those who are afraid of needles.
    12. There is a small group that medically cannot get it-my neighbor is one due to bad reactions to everything. Her doctors won't clear her to get it. Her husband has had it.

0 1