This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: December 24, 2021

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

December 24, 2021

104 Residents +

55 Non Residents +

33% of those residents tested were positive

Summary of the COVID-19 household in Aruba.

Today's numbers . 159 new infections have been detected, 104 of them among residents (local infection rate 33%). 27 people have been recovered . The total number of active cases now stands at 592. On average, there are 82 new cases per day with an average daily local infection rate of 21%. At the moment, there are five people in the hospital (none in ICU) and in Colombia six more in ICU .

ORANJESTAD - December 24, 2021. According to the summary of awe 27 people recovered and a total of 159 nobo cases of COVID-19 in Keda registered which 55 ta non-resident. E cifranan aki ta represents a 'Positivity rate' bou di nos residentenan di 33%. E amount of di casonan active di COVID-19 pa awe ta 592 and amount di fayecidonan relate cu COVID-19 ta 181. Data ta illustrates the new case of COVID with a weekly averahe of 82 cases pa dia and a weekly 'positivity rate' of 21% pa dia.

Currently na Aruba tin 5 internal person debi na COVID di which den ICU no tin none (0) person and reba general floor tin 5. Na Colombia tin currently 6 person den ICU and no (0) reba general floor.

December 24, 2021-d9db92bd-7cd3-4d05-bd3f-1ca3711a7fc7-jpg
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 12-24-2021 at 06:48 PM.

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    2 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! There goes my trip!
    Just Booked trip 36- Trip report starting in June.

0 0

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hot damn. 2 years in and it feels like we’re back at the beginning.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    No truer words ever written! Wow does this stink!

Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    Hot damn. 2 years in and it feels like we’re back at the beginning.
    Just Booked trip 36- Trip report starting in June.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like Omicron is here.....good news is that not many people are hospitalized. I know, not good for those who thought they were going to enjoy a nice vaca and are now in quarantine. Let's hope the island does not close......da......n Covid
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rern73 View Post
    Sounds like Omicron is here.....good news is that not many people are hospitalized. I know, not good for those who thought they were going to enjoy a nice vaca and are now in quarantine. Let's hope the island does not close......da......n Covid
    This from the Wall Street Journal - In South Africa, where Omicron was first identified, people who don't have any covid symptoms won't have to isolate or take a test if they have been in contact with positive case, the government said Friday. Studies in South Africa, Scotland, and the UK , have pointed to a substantial lower risk of hospitalization with Omicron compared with earlier variants such as Delta. South Africa's health ministry now advises that only people developing symptoms should get tested, and isolate 8 to 10 days. " I read something yesterday that I agree with. Isn't it time we move away from the incessant testing and focus on treating the sick people? Where has the push for more and more testing gotten us - are we in a better place? I also read last week a article to be published In JAMA, that preliminary studies on double vaccinated people who have had a breakthrough case - now may possess a " Super Immunity" 1,000 times stronger than just vaccines alone. If this were to be true, would someone like myself who has been triple vaccinated and in general good health, not fear Omricon and see it as a possible end to this Virus?
    0 0