This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Early 2021 travel - will you reconsider?

Post Thanks / Like

Early 2021 travel - will you reconsider?

There are lots of news reports out there stating that Biden's Task Force has recommended a 4-6 week shutdown to fight the Covid crisis while awaiting a vaccine. Will this change your mind about planning a trip in the first quarter of 2021?

If you want to read articles, please google it. There are many sources discussing this. I do not want this to be a political post in any way. I want to throw it out there. With this shutdown as a recommendation being thrown out there as a real possibility soon after the Inauguration, I would certainly reconsider travel plans.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    As much as I am thrilled to be going to Aruba in 14 days, I am beginning to be nervous about traveling.
    I am not nervous about being in Aruba, just getting to Aruba.

I am not sure whether I agree with another no travel order.
    I would much rather see a mask mandate.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It certainly would be a consideration. That said, we have decided no travel until we have both received the vaccine and feel safe. Then ..... we will do it up big!! Multiple trips to both Aruba and Vegas and no problem splurging on whatever we want.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree, Peg! My August 2021 reservation is more hopeful and to have something to look forward to. I'm fully prepared to cancel it if things have not improved and a vaccine circulating. But I have not made a plane reservation yet. But if it all works out, I plan on flying first class for the first time! And I'm staying in Aruba longer than usual (10 days). Fingers crossed!

I would not be adverse to a mask mandate or a no travel order. I'm glad I don't have to make these decisions!

Andrea, are you and Paul thinking about not going? Is your friend still going to be able to come down to Lily & kitty sit?

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    It certainly would be a consideration. That said, we have decided no travel until we have both received the vaccine and feel safe. Then ..... we will do it up big!! Multiple trips to both Aruba and Vegas and no problem splurging on whatever we want.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea - When we went last month in October, we felt very safe in Aruba, but I was very uncertain/nervous about the travel/flying part of the trip. I'm sure I embarrassed our teenager (lol!), but I took the following precautions: I wore a face shield and 2 masks. An N95 mask underneath, and a paper isolation on top. it was not difficult to breathe. My rationale was: I could discard and replace the paper isolation mask with a new one between flights and thru the different airports, while still being protected and protecting others. i had my stash of clorox wipes and gloves and wiped down our seats, seat belts, tray tables, everywhere I could reach! I even brought my own plastic bag to discard items and not have to "stash" used wipes and gloves in the seat-back.

Upon arrival to our timeshare, I took my shoes off before entering room (later wiping them down with clorox wipes), and changed my clothes immediately, placing in a bag, for laundry later (or take home dirty). Created my own solution for getting thru security with having to takes shoes off. I bought a 6-pack of cheap socks, and wore 2pr at a time. Remove shoes, walk through security and discard 2nd pair of socks before putting shoes back on.

Self-admittedly, I was a bit of a germ-a-phobe (can you tell!) pre-Covid, so now I am extra vigilant! I know it all sounds extreme (even to me, as this is the first time I actually thought it all through since the trip!) but it made me feel safe and comfortable and sitting on Eagle Beach made it all worth it! Going back in December too :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    As much as I am thrilled to be going to Aruba in 14 days, I am beginning to be nervous about traveling.
    I am not nervous about being in Aruba, just getting to Aruba.

I am not sure whether I agree with another no travel order.
    I would much rather see a mask mandate.
    0 5

Post Thanks / Like
    I am all about mask and wash hands .I do not agree on any type of general lockdown. Being in Ct ,we already have a Biden like plan here. I'm good with whats going on here . With that said, I only fly Jetblue and feel completely safe on their planes. Currently you get a full refund on tickets so I would book my airline . Now I only stay at Costa Linda thats a different story. If i rent from someone I would have to get something in writing stating full refund if US or Aruba closes travel.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mirhoxie, I like your style!!

0 0

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only have to remove shoes when departing Aruba and I ALWAYS wear sneakers & socks to ensure my bare feet don’t touch the floor. Ick.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We are going, hopefully in mid Dec. to end of March. The biggest concern I'd have is getting back if we needed to-if the kids needed us or something happened that required us to be home. We are bringing enough meds to last us until April. I'm taking it a day at a time right now. If we are forced to come back early, like we did in March, then we will do that. I hope a travel ban is not put in place nor a lockdown, just a mask mandate for the country.

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Back on topic, a shut down is not ideal. A mask mandate seems more feasible. Anyone who doesn’t want to wear one can stay home. Babies and little ones who can’t wear masks shouldn’t be traveling, but that’s just my opinion.

0 0