This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ED (Embarkation/Disembark) CHANGES

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

ED (Embarkation/Disembark) CHANGES

Please be aware.
    Effective immediately...................One's test results MUST be uploaded during the ED process
    If your results have NOT arrived prior to take off, but received before arrival, they are no longer accepted!
    You will be required to test in Aruba.

Yes, you can still print all of the docs, and hand carry, but the test MUST be uploaded onto the ED site OR you will be required to test in Aruba and quarantine til those results come in.

The test MUST BE UPLOADED prior to your flight leaving.

On our last 2 visits my husband's test was not accepted on the site when I uploaded it.
    We just showed them the hard copy at arrival.

I hope that they have worked out all the bugs in their system re: the uploading of tests.

Expect more changes to all of this covid protocol stuff as time passes.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    3 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Our recent experience: Just back from a great week at Eagle Beach / La Cabana.. GOING - We used VAULT (for the home testing) then COMMONPASS to sign into the Vault site and uploaded our results there. Then we just copied and pasted a code from CommonPass when we filled out the ED card.. Pretty painless. All they wanted to see (about 3 times. once at JFK and 2 times in Aruba) was the ED card checkmark.. (we had a hard-copy of them)
    1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Andrea for stating the facts that are easily understandable. On another site it was so convoluted and confusing! You were spot on!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing your experience. Question - is there step-by-step directions for using the COMMONPASS/Vault site? the Vault testing is easy enough to understand, but I'm worried about not being to understand the uploading results to Vault/Commonpass. We are flying JB in December and are considering the Vault test, but it all sounds complicated! Maybe it's just me ;-) thanks in advance for any advice

Quote Originally Posted by FranMike View Post
    Our recent experience: Just back from a great week at Eagle Beach / La Cabana.. GOING - We used VAULT (for the home testing) then COMMONPASS to sign into the Vault site and uploaded our results there. Then we just copied and pasted a code from CommonPass when we filled out the ED card.. Pretty painless. All they wanted to see (about 3 times. once at JFK and 2 times in Aruba) was the ED card checkmark.. (we had a hard-copy of them)
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mlrhoxie - It definitely sounds more complicated than it is.. Here is a link on how to use CommonPass and ED card, if you haven't already seen it..

https://commonpass.org/aruba?utm_sou...=aruba-landing

When you are ready to use CP, use the code 2ARUBA.. Than it's just following the screen. NOTE: They recommend (and I do as well now) to complete the ED card with your PHONE so you can just copy and paste the code you need..

BTW - Here's the link on how to use CommonPass itself -https://commonpass.org/howto

The DESTINATION they mean here is the "2ARUBA" I mentioned above..

So there are really 3 steps: (1) Take the test with VAULT (2) Download the CP app and sign into your VAULT account from there to get the results (3) Use the code from CP to enter into the ED card..

Like you, I was concerned as well doing it but it wasn't really that bad.. Any questions, feel free..

Fran and Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mlrhoxie View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experience. Question - is there step-by-step directions for using the COMMONPASS/Vault site? the Vault testing is easy enough to understand, but I'm worried about not being to understand the uploading results to Vault/Commonpass. We are flying JB in December and are considering the Vault test, but it all sounds complicated! Maybe it's just me ;-) thanks in advance for any advice
    Last edited by FranMike; 10-26-2021 at 04:11 PM.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for update and heads up. Maybe you can help me. I look at one website and it says 72 hours to 12 hours; another says 72 hours to 4 hours. My question: understand the 72 hours, but based on your caution, do I have to upload my test results at least 4 hours before departure or 12. This could impact getting my test results (traveling with a holiday just before departure and uploading to ED - worried about lab being closed and results delayed.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    check out this link. https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-he...ts#component-3

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis J View Post
    Thanks for update and heads up. Maybe you can help me. I look at one website and it says 72 hours to 12 hours; another says 72 hours to 4 hours. My question: understand the 72 hours, but based on your caution, do I have to upload my test results at least 4 hours before departure or 12. This could impact getting my test results (traveling with a holiday just before departure and uploading to ED - worried about lab being closed and results delayed.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I looked at that link and was going on that until I saw 12 somewhere. When you had problem uploading to ED, how far in advance did you try? And when successful, how much time did you allow for DVG to process?
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    we did the ED thing and uploads both times 48 hours out.

it processes immediately.
    you are allowed to start it and the return to it hours later.

except it kicked my husband's test out, so we were only able to upload my test results both visits.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis J View Post
    Thanks. I looked at that link and was going on that until I saw 12 somewhere. When you had problem uploading to ED, how far in advance did you try? And when successful, how much time did you allow for DVG to process?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again. If not too personal, why did husband's test get rejected? Especially twice. Did they ever give reason?
    0 0