This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Entry into Aruba from sailing yacht

Post Thanks / Like

Entry into Aruba from sailing yacht

Hello everyone!

I have a question that I've had a hard time getting an answer for, and I hope you can advice me.

I'm producing a TV-series for Danish television about 6 celebrities crossing the Atlantic in a sail boat. I've been in contact with Aruba Tourism Authority, and they have sent me a comprehensive guide to arriving to Aruba from the sea path. It involves a PCR-test while in quarantine on the boat until the results are back.

However, a situation has arisen since one of the professional crew onboard has tested positive for COVID-19 a few weeks ago. We have currently replaced him with another sailor, but I have not yet been able to find out whether a previously infected person, who is now healthy, symptom free and not at risk of infecting others, would be able to enter the country, although there is a possibility of him still testing positive for COVID-19 (as you can do this up till 8 weeks after the first positive test).

Would anyone be able to provide me with details of an official contact I can call or e-mail?

Thank you so much for your help - and I'm looking forward to visiting your beautiful island soon.

Best regards,
    Sejer Stenum
    Executive Producer
    Strong Productions
    Denmark
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum! Perhaps contacting the Minister of Health?

https://www.government.aw/governance...d-sports_3995/

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

contact support@aruba.com

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Sejer,
    I was in Aruba in September and opted to be Covid-19 tested upon arrival at the airport. The testing in Aruba is fast and you receive test results (by email) within 12 hours of the test (sometimes as short as 8 hours). I'll assume the process is similar when arriving at the port. While waiting for the test results, you are required to quarantine in your place of lodging (so for your team, I'll assume you need to stay on the boat). You do need a negative test result to exit quarantine.
    For your special case, you should follow Walt and Andrea's guidance to contact Aruba for more information. When I was tested, I was given a letter with instructions and it had several contact numbers on it:
    (297) 528-4900 This is the Minister of Health - main government office number (same as Walt provided above)
    (297) 280-0101 This is a Call Center telephone number for if you develop symptoms while in Aruba (their email is same as Andrea provided above)

Lastly, Aruba has an app which you can download on your phone which is a great resource for contact information. Here is information/links on how to download the Health App. The icon for the app has a white background, with a blue heart, with a 4 point star in the middle of the heart. The island will require that you download the app when you arrive on the island anyway - so it wouldn't hurt to download it in advance, as a reference.
    https://www.aruba.com/us/aruba-health-app
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for your help! We have decided that we will not depart with the person in question, unless he tests negative tomorrow. We have confidence in the replacement. However, it's very useful for me to have the contact information you have provided, so thank you for that.

Again, I look forward to visiting Aruba. I will arrive by airplane and welcome our sailing crew with cold champagne on the marina!

A few of the participating celebrities are already talking about getting a tattoo when they arrive. Can you recommend a place where that could be arranged, preferably a place where we could film as well?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    There used to be a place called Tony's, but I couldn't say if they are still around. Does it have to be a permanent tattoo? There are several resorts and places to get temporary henna tattoos around the island.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    lots of folks go here:
    http://www.inkspirationaruba.com/?fb...Mn8nx9oBr2_yjk

this shop is in the hi rise area (lots of tourists) and I know of 3 folks that utilize their services nd are happy!

when do you folks arrive in Aruba?
    Quote Originally Posted by SejerStenum View Post
    Thank you all for your help! We have decided that we will not depart with the person in question, unless he tests negative tomorrow. We have confidence in the replacement. However, it's very useful for me to have the contact information you have provided, so thank you for that.

Again, I look forward to visiting Aruba. I will arrive by airplane and welcome our sailing crew with cold champagne on the marina!

A few of the participating celebrities are already talking about getting a tattoo when they arrive. Can you recommend a place where that could be arranged, preferably a place where we could film as well?

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1