This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green check at departure

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    Post Thanks / Like

Green check at departure

We departed Philadelphia this morning and the American Airlines agent asked to see our green check mark before checking us in. We have them in advance, so it wasn’t an issue. I did ask her about Pennsylvania not being a hot zone state, and that we were told that we could have chosen to test on arrival, but she told us “no green check, no departure.”

Our flight was completely full

Post Thanks / Like
    We are preparing for our PCR Test and departing on 9/3 from CA, where green check mark can be found?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBunches View Post
    We departed Philadelphia this morning and the American Airlines agent asked to see our green check mark before checking us in. We have them in advance, so it wasn’t an issue. I did ask her about Pennsylvania not being a hot zone state, and that we were told that we could have chosen to test on arrival, but she told us “no green check, no departure.”

American agents in Philly are downright rude and disrespectful, the worst in the world. I have stopped flying through that airport because of them. Glad you were prepared and are on your way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBunches View Post

Someone please correct me, but the green check shows that you were cleared for arrival from your departure state, not necessarily that you are from a "hot state".

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    the would be absolutely correct.
    if you are in a hot state you must enter a negative covid test.
    in you are in a non hot state, you are encouraged to enter a negative covid test or choose to test in Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    Someone please correct me, but the green check shows that you were cleared for arrival from your departure state, not necessarily that you are from a "hot state".

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...and...even if you had to test in Aruba, you would have had to pay for the test as part of the ED process. Do you get a green check in that sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the would be absolutely correct.
    if you are in a hot state you must enter a negative covid test.
    in you are in a non hot state, you are encouraged to enter a negative covid test or choose to test in Aruba.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emil View Post
    We are preparing for our PCR Test and departing on 9/3 from CA, where green check mark can be found?
    After you upload your negative PCR Test report and complete your ED card at edcardaruba.aw
    Loving Aruba from NJ
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I am due to fly out of Pittsburgh with American Airlines on 9/18. Could i get clarification. The Aruba Travel Information page states that I can choose to have the test done upon arrival at the airport in Aruba. I am finding it very difficult to find a place in Pittsburgh that will guarantee e 72 hour test result.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to the posting side.
    check the page with the hot states listed and if your state is not a "hot state" then you can proceed to aruba without a prior negative test...but MUST test in aruba and quarantine til the results come in anywhere from 4 - 12 hrs later.

https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-health-requirements

Quote Originally Posted by PghAruba View Post
    I am due to fly out of Pittsburgh with American Airlines on 9/18. Could i get clarification. The Aruba Travel Information page states that I can choose to have the test done upon arrival at the airport in Aruba. I am finding it very difficult to find a place in Pittsburgh that will guarantee e 72 hour test result.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    My son and his gf left Chicago on United with a layover in Houston. They were tested in Chicago but did not get the test results in time to upload. They did not have the green check, but showed the results when they checked in and at the gate and they were allowed to board.