This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I should be there now

Post Thanks / Like
    What's so good about this forum is that everyone respects each others decisions.
    One must do what they feel is best for them and their family.
    Aruba will always be there for us.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so very happy and proud of the members here.
    We are very fortunate that people here are very respectful.
    Every now and again one of us gets zinged with something disrespectful, but the disrespect is called out as quickly as possibly.

We all have each other's backs.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Tracey, that is one of the most thoughtful and beautifully written posts I've ever seen. I think what you are feeling is probably quite widespread and you put it on paper perfectly. It's a personal decision for everyone whether or not to travel during these times, be it to just a different state or an entirely different country. The difference is not everyone who decides to go gives it the kind of careful thought and planning that you, Jon, Andrea, Paul, Walt, Pam and the others are (sorry! can't remember everyone who is going soon!). I'd feel safe getting on a plane with any of you because you are following protocols! You keep right on packin', girl. Anyway, you have an anniversary to celebrate!!

And how about these trip tickers, people?!! 5 days, 4 days, 3 days, 2 days - it's going to be trip report Nirvana!!!! Woo hoo!!!
    Last edited by LisaGrn; 11-24-2020 at 12:10 AM.
    2 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I posted this on my Facebook page today but I feel like it is appropriate here too. I have never been so unsure of a vacation in my life. We are going and we are going to make the best of it. And I am going to post pictures and thoughts so I can have the memories to look back on. I don't know if its right or wrong. I know we have planned it out to be very cautious and stay to ourselves. I know we are going to a place where its reported that people wear masks and respect rules because its the right thing to do and its not a political issue. I know when we come home we will stay to ourselves until we know its safe for others. We've prepared, we tested today and are waiting for the results to make sure we are clear. I am nervous about this virus. I've seen friends going through some of their worst days because of it. I'm posting this because even though you will see photos and posts from me, please know I am not taking this lightly. Please be safe this holiday, protect yourselves and your families. I'm not perfect, I've taken risks I shouldn't have during the pandemic, and I know this is probably another one.
    Thank you for your sincere honesty. I feel the same way as you. One of things that scares me the most in taking a risk is that I have an elderly parent living with me and reviewing CDC website it keeps reminding me that I can infect an elderly person who lives with me while being asymptomatic. If I decide to go I will definitely follow the protocols of getting tested 72 hours before coming back, 4 day quarantine at home and test at home again on day 4. We shall see. On the positive a lot of members have gone to vacation even for 3 weeks and have returned back safe, got to relax from these crazy times. Just want to spend some time on the beach, sipping my drink and relax. Good luck on your trip.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I posted this on my Facebook page today but I feel like it is appropriate here too. I have never been so unsure of a vacation in my life. We are going and we are going to make the best of it. And I am going to post pictures and thoughts so I can have the memories to look back on. I don't know if its right or wrong. I know we have planned it out to be very cautious and stay to ourselves. I know we are going to a place where its reported that people wear masks and respect rules because its the right thing to do and its not a political issue. I know when we come home we will stay to ourselves until we know its safe for others. We've prepared, we tested today and are waiting for the results to make sure we are clear. I am nervous about this virus. I've seen friends going through some of their worst days because of it. I'm posting this because even though you will see photos and posts from me, please know I am not taking this lightly. Please be safe this holiday, protect yourselves and your families. I'm not perfect, I've taken risks I shouldn't have during the pandemic, and I know this is probably another one.
    I am nervous too, especially for my husband. I too worry about the 'what ifs'. We have done so much less than most of our friends here at home-did not dine out, rarely had anyone in our home or go to someone's home and when we did, we were masked. The numbers went up and I switched to a N95, which I hate. I stopped my gym membership and training this week(I was only going for training 1-2x a week and they were very strict in the gym for the most part and kept doors open and went when it was quiet). I also worry about leaving my son alone because he works as an EMT doing medical transport (not 911). Hopefully this new company will not have him doing covid transports like the company he was with earlier this year. I just home and pray that the vaccines will work as they say, they can roll them out and vaccinate everyone who wants it and life can be close to normal as soon as possible so we can feel safe and not worry about an enemy we cannot see.